Home

I'm addicted to losing. I need recovery

This is a discussion on I'm addicted to losing. I need recovery within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #1
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm addicted to losing. I need recovery

DD facing CPU and extra innings is harder on All-Star and above than in Franchise. But my games are so darsh gone good (polite etiquette description). I wanted to pad my record to get a little respect and played a game on Veteran but it was too boring; beating the CPU by 6-8 runs. HOF I know I'm not winning but figured the rewards may be better, but All-Star all the games are tight. Doesn't matter whether or not I go up or down by 2-3 I seem to always get score changes. I'm not getting these tight games in franchise on All-Star. I like to win and not that losing is that much fun. If I lose my last game I'm thinking about it in my sleep. When I win, which hasn't been much, it's even worse.

I'm 53 and a Drug & Alcohol Therapist. I'm officially addicted to this mode. Will the thrill be gone if I start winning consistently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I'm addicted to losing. I need recovery

"Will the thrill be gone if I start winning consistently?"

Absolutely not. HOF mode is even tougher....and Legend requires you to play damn near perfect baseball.

This isnt Madden, where the hardest mode is still a breeze.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I've played 3 games on legend and it's been all close games. I honestly feel like the cpu just does garbage things like make me have errors or I hit it into the pitcher and it's caught. Seems almost impossible (my teams rating is 82)
Old 05-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #4
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

do you get the same rewards regardless of winning or losing? if so i'm just gonna play extra innings on the hardest mode just for fun and possibly upgrades.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:46 AM   #5
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

after playing a few games on legend I 100% disagree that this game is different from any other sports games on the higher difficulties. rampant and blatant AI cheating. easy ground balls bounce off of gloves. easy throws from the 2nd baseman to 1st going straight into the dugout. CPU refuses to swing at anything that isn't a strike, and if you paint the edge have fun watching Everth Cabrera and his 31 power hit a no doubt HR in the biggest park in the game.

I honestly don't understand how this could be fun at all to anyone. even if I could get good rewards for playing on this difficulty I probably wouldn't do it. really, really frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 03:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
after playing a few games on legend I 100% disagree that this game is different from any other sports games on the higher difficulties. rampant and blatant AI cheating. easy ground balls bounce off of gloves. easy throws from the 2nd baseman to 1st going straight into the dugout. CPU refuses to swing at anything that isn't a strike, and if you paint the edge have fun watching Everth Cabrera and his 31 power hit a no doubt HR in the biggest park in the game.

I honestly don't understand how this could be fun at all to anyone. even if I could get good rewards for playing on this difficulty I probably wouldn't do it. really, really frustrating.
Couldn't agree more, except in every other sports gamed I played I can win 90 percent of the games against the cpu.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:04 AM   #7
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

also, i'm 95% sure there is something funky going on with the CPU on legend. something is off about it, I feel like the game is in fast forward. even the pitchers windup is ridiculously fast. I can't even get contact on 90 mph fastballs, late every time. actually, I take that back. after paying close attention to the CPU pitchers windup i'm 100% sure they have them sped up.

if it's not already clear, I highly recommend against playing on legend.

Last edited by Biizz713; 05-20-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:22 AM   #8
Rookie

I just won a game on hall of fame against the top team so I had an 11 percent change of getting a gold card. Well lucky me i got a gold card. It was the golden thong ritual... f that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »