Home

Price change evaluation

This is a discussion on Price change evaluation within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 01:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Price change evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
Cliff Lee went up because Hamels and Lee were the two expensive ones to get Schmidt, and Hamels was/is cheap because he was in that special pack.

When Hamels rises back up, and he will, Lee will proportionally lower along with him.
I hope you are right about Hamels. I bought 5 for around 8K each and I am starting to think that might have been a bad decision.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:41 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Cliff Lee went up because Hamels and Lee were the two expensive ones to get Schmidt, and Hamels was/is cheap because he was in that special pack.

When Hamels rises back up, and he will, Lee will proportionally lower along with him.
I just pulled a Kimbrel, and I already have roughly 10k stubs.

Should I go get Schmidt?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:36 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:

Hamels is in a weird spot. Seems everyone got a few of him to flip which is creating a log jam for his upward movement this week. It's going to take a while for him to get back up there. I doubt he reaches his old levels but he should settle into a nice 13k-16k area. This is assuming he isn't included in the next gold packs. If he is, he will tank even harder. On the flip side, if Lee is in the next packs or gets demoted to silver, it should accelerate Hamels to his previous high or better. Should be a fun ride.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts50
I just pulled a Kimbrel, and I already have roughly 10k stubs.

Should I go get Schmidt?
Schmidt is amazing. Dude has legendary power and 90+ fielding. His contact/vision isn't that high so he does strike out a bit, but when he does make contact, he crushes balls. I think I have 5 homers with him in my last 12 games online.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #13
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterHol
Hamels was included in that developer's pack through the weekend so that makes sense. He is not back up though since the packs expired. What about Cliff Lee? He has to be the only player climbing up and up in price each day. Has to be because the Phillies reward is a 99, or could he be out of packs?

I count myself lucky bc I pulled him in a standard pack last night. In fact last night was probably my best night in a long time of online DD. not only did I go 6-0 to bounce back from going 1-5 the night before but I got some of the best pulls to date for me. Let me start off by saying my team is a bit stacked so for me to make this many changes is a lot for me. It all started after I got lucroy in an after game card. Best card I've gotten after a game so I was stoked. Sold him (my DS guy is a catcher so no need for him really) for about 8.5k. In turn I bought 8 standard packs and in my 2nd pack I got cliff lee. I didn't realize it at first that he was selling for about 33k at the time I figured maybe 15-18k. I also got another gold that I already had and a couple good silvers that were doubles. Sold them all and had around 37k. With the 37k I looked into making a splash in a spot I was overly heavy with lefties. I wanted too right hand bat at first. Prior I had been using both rizzo and Gonzales at first with gonzales being the more successful of the two batting .275 7 hr 33 rbi. So for about 30 mins I sat debating do I want to finish the astros and get bagwell bagwell. I'd have to buy altuve and about 8 other upper level guys to do that. And altuve was going for around 21k. Or did I just wanna get goldschmidt for 22k and be done with it. After thinking it over for a bit I ended up just buying goldschmidt for 21k. With the remaining stubs I bought 8 packs and the very first pack very first card who is it.... Altuve for the 2nd time (I had him way back when and have had success with him but I sold him to fill out my team a bit more since I was deep at 2nd). Now after all that I can still go after bagwell if goldy doesn't perform for me without to much trouble. I could sell altuve again but I've been using a platoon of padroia and carew at 2nd and I've had padroia a while now and he is only hitting .244 4 hr and 25 rbi while the short time I used altuve I was batting .365 1 hr 17 rbi. Only down side is ill miss padroias glove at 2nd.

Sorry for the rant I just had a good night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »