Home

Do you get worse cards if you accept someone's "concede defeat"?

This is a discussion on Do you get worse cards if you accept someone's "concede defeat"? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Do you get worse cards if you accept someone's "concede defeat"?

I did this for the first time today and all the cards I got were pure crap (50's and 60's). In fact in my 9 inning loss I got better cards so this has left me a bit perplexed as to how it works. I've. What if someone concedes in the first inning as opposed to 8th inning?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you get worse cards if you accept someone's "concede defeat"?

I always end up getting lame cards regardless of what happens. Win, lose, quit, etc I always get a stadium or some common or low bronze. I've seen David Price, Grienke, Desmond, and Adam Jones but they always end up giving me garbage.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:22 AM   #3
Pro

The fewer innings it goes, the worse the cards typically are.

I usually decline concedes in hopes they will just stick it out so I have a decent chance at a good card, but they almost always quit immediately after.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Icon8 Re: Do you get worse cards if you accept someone's "concede defeat"?

Bad cards come no matter how you win or lose XD
Old 05-24-2015, 03:40 AM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

People quit after their opponent refuses a concede because they value their time. To be frank the cards after the game aren't worth sticking around even a few innings if you already know you have a tiny chance to win. I'd rather be getting into another game where you could be accumulating innings anyways to get more cards. If you value your and everyone else's time accept the concede.

I can't recall, but don't you get less or no cards for quitting? But since you do not accept the concede you are preventing them from getting cards. Plus the game is shortened anyways because they quit after anyways. What's the difference?

In reference to the question, I don't think that the quality of cards change, but the amount of them do. The game has some form of in game clock that determines when rewards are given. For instance I typically get 3 cards for a full online game now with the collections. The quality has felt independent from how long the game was, but the amount is not. Granted because it is so random there could be dice rolls that determine the quality and are affected by the length of game. It would be impossible to determine from an outsiders perspective like ours.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 05-24-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »