Home

The 5% bonus for completing collections

This is a discussion on The 5% bonus for completing collections within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 04:01 AM   #1
Rookie

dta151's Arena

OVR: 0
The 5% bonus for completing collections

I have several collections done,I think 6,maybe 7 counting the Stadiums. I have not seen any extra stubs or bonuses better or more than when I had no collections done. Basically I am thinking it is pointless to do a few collections to get 15% bonus stubs and earnings if you finish 3 collections. It costs a lot to do any of the collections stub wise and you get none (stubs) for doing them and the cards are non sell able after to get any stubs back and you cant sell the Legend either. Has anyone else noticed this? I have the Brewers done all I have to do is claim Yount but I am thinking I should just sell the cards and get stubs back. What are your thoughts? Does it eventually pay off if you do enough?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: The 5% bonus for completing collections

It is meaningful. The stubs increase isn't that noticeable since it doesn't really show you how many you earned very blatantly. But the card rewards definitely increase as you do more collections. I get minimum 3 cards per game now and often 4 or 5.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Yeah I think the Collections are worth it purely because you start to get more and more cards after games. And if you don't want to spend money on Packs, it feels the best way to get cards. If I finish a 9-inning game now, I get the basic reward card everybody does, and then I get I believe 5 cards right now after games.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

To me it's worth it. I've completed about half the collections I'd say and yeah you won't notice much of the stub increase at least I don't bc at all times I got the max of sell items going bc I sell most of the doubles I have that are above 60 stubs at that time (the i there's I feed) I'm playing a game so I typically sell like 3-6 items sometime during the game so I can't tell how many stubs I get from any game. The cards on the other hand I do notice. In a full game at minimum I get 3 cards. Most of the time its 4-5 though. Even pulled a few golds after games now. Pulled grienke last week after a game. Stuck him in the rotation but just my luck I randomly keep starting seaver lol
Old 05-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it is worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 03:52 AM   #6
Rookie

dta151's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
To me it's worth it. I've completed about half the collections I'd say and yeah you won't notice much of the stub increase at least I don't bc at all times I got the max of sell items going bc I sell most of the doubles I have that are above 60 stubs at that time (the i there's I feed) I'm playing a game so I typically sell like 3-6 items sometime during the game so I can't tell how many stubs I get from any game. The cards on the other hand I do notice. In a full game at minimum I get 3 cards. Most of the time its 4-5 though. Even pulled a few golds after games now. Pulled grienke last week after a game. Stuck him in the rotation but just my luck I randomly keep starting seaver lol
Are these DD games VS. CPU ? Extra Innings games or RTTS Franchise games?Also how many collections have you completed to get that many cards after games. I get the 1 card everyone gets and maybe a 2nd card every 3rd game I play DD vs CPU and like I said I have done 6 collections and the free agents and stadiums.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #7
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta151
Are these DD games VS. CPU ? Extra Innings games or RTTS Franchise games?Also how many collections have you completed to get that many cards after games. I get the 1 card everyone gets and maybe a 2nd card every 3rd game I play DD vs CPU and like I said I have done 6 collections and the free agents and stadiums.

I play only online head to head DD. Idk off hand how many I have done. If I had to guess I'd say at least 12. I'm not home atm so I can't tell you for sure. But I will post back when I get home.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:20 AM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd really like to know how much you really get for a win when 32 collections are completed but haven't gotten around to cancelling all my orders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »