Home

An idea to make DD a little better.

This is a discussion on An idea to make DD a little better. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #9
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: An idea to make DD a little better.

I don't want to sound rude to HeavySaucer and Orange Krush, but I don't think you guys actually read our posts about salary caps. Nowhere did we say to get rid of the aspect of building the ultimate team. We said that a salary cap should be added as an option for those of us who are not interested in that sort of thing. In fact, in my post I specifically pointed out that I understand there are people who enjoy building the ultimate team rated 99 everywhere. I get that and I get where people like that.
There are then other people like me and several others where that sort of thing is not for us and we think that the mode could be much more fun with an added level of strategy and interest if there was a salary cap option. I personally think that would take the mode to the next level, so why not add it on without getting rid of the option of just building the team rated all 99? That way both kinds of people get something they enjoy and SCEA can rake in even more money through the ways I suggested or something similar.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

I just don't think having 2 different versions of DD would be very plausible to do. You would need to have 2 different leaderboards, which I don't think would be that hard to do, but you would also need 2 different online game servers/lobbies. That is where the game would suffer I think. It'd be harder to get games because you would have less people playin on each side.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #11
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
I don't want to sound rude to HeavySaucer and Orange Krush, but I don't think you guys actually read our posts about salary caps. Nowhere did we say to get rid of the aspect of building the ultimate team. We said that a salary cap should be added as an option for those of us who are not interested in that sort of thing. In fact, in my post I specifically pointed out that I understand there are people who enjoy building the ultimate team rated 99 everywhere. I get that and I get where people like that.
There are then other people like me and several others where that sort of thing is not for us and we think that the mode could be much more fun with an added level of strategy and interest if there was a salary cap option. I personally think that would take the mode to the next level, so why not add it on without getting rid of the option of just building the team rated all 99? That way both kinds of people get something they enjoy and SCEA can rake in even more money through the ways I suggested or something similar.
No offense taken, and I fully read and understood your posts. To me, diamond dynasty is all about freedom to make your team however you want to make it. If they did make a salary cap mode, then it wouldn't be diamond dynasty anymore, it would be something else entirely.

So the devs would make a new game mode like that, once which lessens the online player pool for every other game mode. They would do more work to make less money (because people building super teams are the ones who put the most money into this game) and it would take longer to find a game.

That's my personal opinion, and I'm not saying your idea is a bad one. It just may not be a viable option.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

What's the point of having tiered player status? What purpose does that serve?

To say this mode would suffer from added variety is somewhat puzzling to me.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:37 PM   #13
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
What's the point of having tiered player status? What purpose does that serve?

To say this mode would suffer from added variety is somewhat puzzling to me.
If you have a mode with a salary cap and one without, then you would need 2 separate servers for online games, which would cut the player pool in half for each, which would make finding games harder.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #14
MVP

Couldnt you just have lobbies or head to head options for different lineup requirements within DD to add variety? I'm sure the logistics are over my head, if it's a nightmare I get it.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #15
MVP

I should state, I love the idea of salary cap, but I'm more in favor of bronze, silver, gold, etc., lineup restrictions. I don't get the point of having tiered cards if they are essentially meaningless! I just hate to see the majority of the player pool rendered useless (aside from collections or create-a-player feeders. I'll shut up now, just had to clarify my viewpoint. Love the mode more than i thought i would! Love that they're updating and changing ratings! Sure it will be even better next year!

Last edited by Rasco11; 06-13-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0

I liked actually playing the DD games for the first few weeks. Then it got boring once everyone basically filled out their line-up (myself included).

Now I basically collect cards that I think are cool, and buy gear for franchises and RTTS mode, which I will start playing soon.

I enjoyed this mode though. Definitely an improvement from last year. I think a new crop of legends, a limit on lineups being an option, and a "season" mode similar to MUT would make this a mode I would be interested in for the entire year, instead of a few weeks as rosters were being created for franchises.

Personally, I am more of an off-line player (although on-line play was improved this season). But being an off-line guy, I want to track a record, stats, and progress through a season.

One way they could do this is by adding a mode where you can run through franchise style seasons with other gamers. Have a 10-20 team group, have them run round robin style against each team in the franchise. Then you have the two top teams play a 3 game series for the championship.

Teams could either change their rosters each game, or be required to maintain the same roster the whole season. You can select that option prior to starting the season.

People would eat that **** up. Group up with 15 guy, play everyone once, and then have the two top teams play a 3 game series. Track stats, award a trophy to the winner and pay them a huge amount of stubs. It would be epic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »