Home

So after a bunch of upgrades, who are the best pitchers in the game?

This is a discussion on So after a bunch of upgrades, who are the best pitchers in the game? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
So after a bunch of upgrades, who are the best pitchers in the game?

I think most would agree that Nolan, Seaver and Neikro are top three so we can get them out of the way.

Kershaw obviously is the highest rated player in the game, although I hear because he is a lefty and most batters are righties, he gets hit too easily, despite his ratings.

So besides them, who are the top performing pitchers in the game? What is more important for a pitcher in high level online play, velocity or control?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So after a bunch of upgrades, who are the best pitchers in the game?

I just got him and only used him once, but so far the best pitcher I've used is Felix Hernandez. I just found it so easy to control his pitches and put them right where I wanted. When my opponent did make contact, Felix's ratings kept him from getting too many hits.
For me control wins over velocity. For a while I had Chapman, and I loved using his fastball, but he wasn't very effective for me I actually have like a 10 era with him and sold him, opting for pitchers I can better spot pitches with than just throw it by someone. Against me, though, it's the opposite. People who spot pitches don't beat me very often, because I can hit almost any pitch. The only thin I have trouble with is high fastballs, for some reason I just can't catch up to them.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
I just got him and only used him once, but so far the best pitcher I've used is Felix Hernandez. I just found it so easy to control his pitches and put them right where I wanted. When my opponent did make contact, Felix's ratings kept him from getting too many hits.
For me control wins over velocity. For a while I had Chapman, and I loved using his fastball, but he wasn't very effective for me I actually have like a 10 era with him and sold him, opting for pitchers I can better spot pitches with than just throw it by someone. Against me, though, it's the opposite. People who spot pitches don't beat me very often, because I can hit almost any pitch. The only thin I have trouble with is high fastballs, for some reason I just can't catch up to them.
I shell Felix and the only time I had him, he got lit up in two starts.

He doesn't throw hard, doesn't have phenomenal break, and his speeds aren't different enough. He's practically BP, imo.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
I agree with everything you posted. I'm about to sell Archer, Sonny Gray, and Shelby Miller because they all have sub 60 control and it's brutal. none of them have ANYTHING on Dallas Keuchel. I'm done with any pitcher who doesn't have at least 70 control.

when you try to throw a fastball down the middle of the plate out of frustration and you still can't hit the strike zone it will really piss you off.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #5
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I've thought about going out and getting only a bunch of guys with high control too. I'm actually gonna do some research tonight and do that.

Anyone know any pitchers with high control that I should try?

Last edited by Orange Krush; 06-16-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
I've thought about going out and getting only a bunch of guys with high control too. I'm actually gonna do some research tonight and do that.

Anyone know any pitchers with high control that I should try?

I think scherzer and Harvey have decent control if I'm not mistaken
Old 06-16-2015, 08:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Anibal Sanchez- 79 control
been on my team from the start, he's a silver. His record isn't very good but that's my offense.

8-7. 2.56 Era in 102 innings 83SO 13BB 84H 12HR 0.95 WHIP
Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Sale - 82 control
Kluber - 76 control
David Price - 80 control
King Felix - 75 control
Nolan Ryan - 70 control
Dallas Keuchel - 72 control
Jordan Zimmermann - 80 control
Scherzer - 82 control
Cole Hamels - 72 control
Jon Lester - 78 control
Cueto - 72 control
Wainwright - 78 control
Kershaw - 79 control

I feel like 70 is a good number, when I pitch Keuchel I have absolutely no issues putting the ball exactly where I want.

11-4 record, 1.38 ERA in 104 innings, 76 SO, 9 BB, 6 HR, 0.74 WHIP. dominant.

Last edited by Biizz713; 06-16-2015 at 09:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »