Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/21/15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/21/15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/21/15)

We're wrapping up another week in the Diamond Dynasty universe, and the only card pack released over the weekend was the K's For Days pack, which included a mix of all types of pitchers racking up strikeouts this year. Fans seem to generally approve of this pack, and it does have a solid name to go along with a relatively affordable price tag of 10K Stubs. With that being said, it's time to look ahead once again and try to predict who might be getting a ratings boost Monday morning.

I'll be breaking the predictions into tiers based on my own confidence level.

Ratings Boost Probability: High

-Todd Frazier - "Mr.Frazier could you stop hitting so many home runs?" signed the rest of the NL Central. The Reds might be mediocre, but Frazier is just a terror. He's got average and power so what's not to like, especially over the last week?

-Nolan Arenado - Arenado got boosted not long ago, and while RBIs are not the stat you should use to say how good somebody has been, having 34 of them in one month is still a bit nuts. Either way, he's a great defender with a good offensive profile, and those guys I tend to think always have room to grow.

-Manny Machado - When compared against Arenado, it's been a couple extra week since Machado's last boost. Still, these guys are similar to me in many ways in that they're all-around players at third base. So my reasoning is the same for both these guys.

-Billy Burns - Burns got a huge boost in the 6/8 roster update, but he's still continuing to be a speed demon who gets on base and plays great defense. I feel like even with the massive upgrade a couple weeks back he should still get some more boost love.

-George Springer - I'm continuing to be a little risky here and choose guys who have already gotten ratings boosts this month, but Springer is another that seems due. Youth, speed, power, defense and now he's hitting for average this month as well.

-Chris Sale - I've pushed for a Sale upgrade the last couple weeks, and usually when I do that it means the player won't get a boost until the week I finally stop (see: Dozier, Brian). Still, he's got 75 strikeouts in his last 45 innings pitched. Give this Diamond some love!

Read More - Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/21/15)
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/21/15)

I think Sale will definitely get an upgrade to go mid diamond. 94-95 tops. I believe if not this week, then next week Joc Pederson will get an upgrade too, but it'll be his fielding that gets him into the gold status. Hopefully Wacha gets a small boost up too. Maybe Cole will get another upgrade this or next week since he won his 11th game this past week.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Arenado has been gold since launch. He was a loyalty reward to me I couldn't sell so he has been in my lineup since day 1
Old 06-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
Rookie

How about Joey Butler??? The guy is hitting .336 since getting called up this year. Not saying it should be a lot, but he's got the highest average on the Rays by a long shot. Another guy is Kevin Keirmaier. He's got speed ratings and aggressiveness ratings that are stupid low for him. He's one of the fastest players you'll find and is ultra aggressive. He's just learning how to steal bases at this level, but has 7 since mid May I believe. These guys aren't likely to happen though because they aren't big names. Just some thoughts from a biased Rays fan!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
Rookie

My bet this week is a boost from Shawn tolleson and billy burns. Burns could arguably be the leading candidate for ROY and tolleson has been lights out since taking over the closer role.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
Arenado has been gold since launch. He was a loyalty reward to me I couldn't sell so he has been in my lineup since day 1
You cant sell your Loyalty Cards anyway
Old 06-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
You cant sell your Loyalty Cards anyway
That's what I said.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
That's what I said.
My bad, misread it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »