Home

How Will You Choose Your Captain?

This is a discussion on How Will You Choose Your Captain? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #25
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Will You Choose Your Captain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
Does anyone know how we can tell which captain we have the most players for? Other than the symbols on each card?
probably not but it doesnt really matter much, because you can just play the game and gain tickets for the captain you have chosen, obviously you can get Bonus tickets by using players are useful for that captains mission.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #26
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
probably not but it doesnt really matter much, because you can just play the game and gain tickets for the captain you have chosen, obviously you can get Bonus tickets by using players are useful for that captains mission.
Right now I am sticking with Donaldson as he is the one that I have the most players for (that I want to play with) and it appears that you can continue to earn the mission reward.

Also, leveling is slowing down now that I have him up to level 14 or so. I could probably get all of the captains up to level 10 pretty quickly but honestly there are no rewards in any captains first two levels that gives me the incentives to do so.

I'd love to aim for the Matt Carpenter card in Rizzo's store but I doubt I could hit level 30 on any captain that fast (I think it expires in 5 more days)
Old 03-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #27
Rookie

Hinkleyyy's Arena

How exactly do you earn the stubs ? Is it just from playing games with players with the certain trait. Or does your team have to be full with them
Old 03-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 4

I had a few questions regarding captains.

Currently Josh Donaldson is the one I selected. I have as many clutch performers 75 and over in my lineup as possible. I'm earning those tickets at level 12 I think, 144 or so tickets. So the player rewards in the menu , for example, the highest one I see is Lorenzo Cain. Is that card also available in packs and on the market? Are there other rewards associated with gaining those tickets other than the players we see through the captains screen? Trying to figure out if it will be worth the time to grind out the captains. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #29
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
I had a few questions regarding captains.

Currently Josh Donaldson is the one I selected. I have as many clutch performers 75 and over in my lineup as possible. I'm earning those tickets at level 12 I think, 144 or so tickets. So the player rewards in the menu , for example, the highest one I see is Lorenzo Cain. Is that card also available in packs and on the market? Are there other rewards associated with gaining those tickets other than the players we see through the captains screen? Trying to figure out if it will be worth the time to grind out the captains. Thanks in advance.

Yea so right now it's Lorenzo Cain, but next time they refresh it, it may be a legend or flashback player that you can only get from the captains with tickets. So if you ask me it's better to get as many tickets as you can and wait for one of those guys then just picking up regular players with them
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 03-30-2016, 02:18 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
Yea so right now it's Lorenzo Cain, but next time they refresh it, it may be a legend or flashback player that you can only get from the captains with tickets. So if you ask me it's better to get as many tickets as you can and wait for one of those guys then just picking up regular players with them
Thanks for the info. Thats what I was thinking it has to be some limited edition cards mixed in there.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #31
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm going to try Eric Hosmer as my captain right now as I think its going to be fun with an all 6 ft 4 or higher team. Right now I got my full lineup and rotation at 6 ft 4 or taller, I got flashback Michael Morse to play ss lol.

Last edited by Detroitfan4life1993; 03-31-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

When picking players based on captain missions, do you have to have them in your lineup or do you get a bonus just for having them on the roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »