Home

Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD

This is a discussion on Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD

Knuckleball and side arm pitchers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2054
Knuckleball and side arm pitchers

Not really cheese unless used excessively (Neshek in the 4th)

Havent seen as much bunt cheese which gets me fully erect since that was the most infuriating thing about last year was billy hamilton hitting cleanup and getting a triple after three pitches or scoring from second on a groundout (hell he even once scored on a fly ball to mid center when i threw to third and the animation took forever and he was able to get HOME from second on a 250ft fly ball)
Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuk75
Not really cheese unless used excessively (Neshek in the 4th)

Havent seen as much bunt cheese which gets me fully erect since that was the most infuriating thing about last year was billy hamilton hitting cleanup and getting a triple after three pitches or scoring from second on a groundout (hell he even once scored on a fly ball to mid center when i threw to third and the animation took forever and he was able to get HOME from second on a 250ft fly ball)
I was meaning the annoying part more then cheese

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 02:02 AM   #12
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

I really think SDS should've had everyone have pre-made lineups for lefties and righties. That would make it so that people can't just backout on the lineup screen because they stocked up on left handed hitters
Old 04-03-2016, 03:17 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
I really think SDS should've had everyone have pre-made lineups for lefties and righties.
I still can't believe that this feature isn't in The Show after all these years. Even RBI Baseball 16 lets you create and save different starting lineups depending on the handedness of the opposing pitcher.

I don't blame people for backing out of games that don't match their lineups' handedness since the problem is really Sony's fault, not the players' fault.

In real baseball, teams always know the handedness of the opposing pitcher and build their lineups accordingly before the game starts. Only in MLB The Show do you go into games having to build your hitting lineup "blindly," without knowing the pitcher's handedness.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-03-2016 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #14
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

OVR: 2

I have played 2 games where the game just stops. It doesn't freeze, but it doesn't go to the next at bat. I don't know if people do this intentionally, and I will leave my ps4 on all day to make sure they don't get a cheap win. Any one have thoughts on this?
Old 04-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantis0524
I have played 2 games where the game just stops. It doesn't freeze, but it doesn't go to the next at bat. I don't know if people do this intentionally, and I will leave my ps4 on all day to make sure they don't get a cheap win. Any one have thoughts on this?
Had this happen twice in the last hour. Like you, I am willing to just wait the other person out. These two times, it eventually said they lost connection (or I lost connection to them, I don't remember which).

Unfortunately, after hitting X to accept and leave the game, I was given a loss for both games (I was ahead in one and behind in the other). I used the in-game grievance thing to file a report where I described what happened.

I know that I didn't lose connection to PSN during either of these. The first one happened when I brought in a reliever, the second one happened on a groundout to first.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 03:04 AM   #16
Rookie

I don't know what I would call what just happened to me in a Stronghold game 10 minutes ago, may be a glitch or come back code or just something I had never seen.

Top 2nd, against the San Diego Padres. Robbie Erlin on the mound. Lucas Duda, single between shifted 3b and SS, Evan Gattis with a bloop single into short right field.

Runners on 1st and 2nd no out, Stronghold game. Luis Valbuena coming to bat, he drops a bunt 3 feet in front of home plate.... Duda is WALKING with his head down to 3rd, Gattis is doing the SAME thing! Catcher throws to second for the force. Tosses to the pitcher who tags Duda still not even halfway to 3rd.

As I was trying to get these runners to run faster I was holding L1 to get them moving, but Valbuena passes 1st instead and gets caught in a rundown.

Triple Play.

Then bottom of the 3rd after 2 No Hit innings, Ken Giles comes in to a 0-0 tie and gives up a single, followed up by opposite field home run by JON JAY.

That's what I'm going through in life right now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »