Home

Word from Ramone Russell on Conquest mode

This is a discussion on Word from Ramone Russell on Conquest mode within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Word from Ramone Russell on Conquest mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
you can complete this mode more than once, so doubt there would be some sort reward for completing
I mean I see what you're saying but there's a pretty easy solution to that. Just simply allow the reward to only be given upon completion 1 time. Each time after that just prompt the user and let them know that they will not be receiving a reward this time around because they've already collected the reward. There's solo challenges in MUT (madden) that allow you to play it and collect the reward and after you've collected it and try to play again it says you will not receive a reward anymore.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It's still a grind even with simming, no? I haven't played enough, but you would think there would be some type of reward for completing.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
It's still a grind even with simming, no? I haven't played enough, but you would think there would be some type of reward for completing.
It is, bc you cannot sim against strongholds

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Could just as easy give the reward once for completion and make it so that "x" numbers of games have to be played. That way you just dont sim everything but the stronghold games. I enjoy this mode and have played about 30+ games in it. The after game rewards have not been great to me but I am also usually playing on Vet to ensure a win so that may be a problem.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #13
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
It is, bc you cannot sim against strongholds
But how many games is that? 30 is the minimum and these are three inning games that can be played on easier difficulty levels if need be.

I am not saying that there should not be a reward but if there was I would not expect it to be a very stellar.

The developers never once mentioned a reward for finishing the mode in any of their descriptions. .
Old 04-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #14
Rookie

PandaWaffleHD's Arena

So i have beaten the mode, would i be safe to reset the board and continue grinding out innings for the command missions?
Old 04-05-2016, 07:43 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Why are people claiming it would be impossible to give rewards for beating the mode?

You can get 95+ rated diamonds with insane stats from conquest missions and you only have to play 1000ish innings worth of games.

There's no reason why they couldn't give a large reward every time you beat Conquest, which takes at least 30 games. A large XP reward, a modest stub reward (1000) and a special pack with a large amount of cards in it would be a respectable reward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #16
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2

I think a reward system with this type of mode would be best served based on the number of moves you complete the conquest in. Base that off of a bronze, silver, and gold level system and once you finish it for that particular item you have unlocked it for a 1 time reward. If you meet the maximum number of overall moves for the gold on your first try then you get all three items. One and done. You then could go on with your unlocked item and complete missions for those items in conquest mode such as win so many games on all star, legend, HOF, or stats for that particular player. This would allow for the replay value to remain high. From my experience now that I am done I have no desire to play the mode anymore now that I have "conquered".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »