Home

Conquest Strategy?

This is a discussion on Conquest Strategy? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Conquest Strategy?

So what is everyone's conquest strategy? I'm only 15 games in to it and don't feel like I really know what to do yet. I'm 12-3 and have about 17m fans, but they are all spread out across the Central in groups of 1 and 2. Mostly been playing Rockies and Twins for all my games with a few Royals. I guess I'm not sure what the strategy should be here. Should I be trying to give my outer fanbase more fans? I don't even have a stronghold, really. My middle is only 1 like everything else. I guess I'm just playing and not really knowing what to do, so I'm looking for strategies other people are using.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Pro

flyer1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Conquest Strategy?

I captured as many empty spaces as possible when I began. I didn't capture, simply reinforced outer territories, and took empty spaces again. Once I built up a sizable fan base, I started attacking other strongholds on veteran or all star difficulty.
NCAA: Indiana Hoosiers
Old 04-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

The basic strategy isn't too complicated. This is my own strategy and I had little issue taking over the map in 30 turns. But my way may not be the best for you.

+You start by claiming open space. There is a giant field of open spaces around you and between Seattle. Take them, as you get an extra fan each turn for every 3 spots you own.

+Use Conquest phase (yellow) to whittle down the next stronghold you plan to take.

+You never have to play games unless you are taking over a stronghold. Everything else can be simmed. At the beginning, you will need to play Conquest phase games to help give you make a enemy stronghold vunerable. But eventually you will get to the point where you can even skip conquest phase.

+Don't spread your fans out. I think this is the worst mistake newbies make. Stack every single fan you have one space and then during attack phase, take that stack and take over every single 1 fan or empy space you can take. Once you get to 3 fans left, stop (because you won't be able to sim on high anymore).

+To further the point above, never sim a game on medium or low difficulty. Only sim High chance games. Only attack enemy strongholds when you have enough of a fan advantage to attack them on Rookie or Veteran difficulty.

+When you have many more fans stacked on a space than the enemy does in their stronghold, it's time to defeat them. Make a direct beeline towards their stronghold by going through their 1 fan spaces and then attack their stronghold with superior numbers. Even if you lose, the attack phase won't end. So you can continue to play them until you win or your fan stack gets too low (do not let your fan stack get low to the point where it is equal or less to any fan stack they own. Or they will attack your stack and take it. Strongholds can attack as well so remember that).

+Don't let any team near you get too powerful. If a team near you is more powerful or getting close to your numbers, that is your warning to focus on them. Do not neglect to put fans in your main base. If it gets attacked, you will lose the entire game. Put enough fans in there to at least match how many fans are in your opposing team's bases.

+The West coast is a good place to attack first. All the teams there are weak and there is tons of empty space to take. If you can take the entire west coast, it's very easy to roll over the rest of the county with fan advantage

Last edited by takki; 04-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned

oldjim's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there a reward difference when you use higher difficulties? Or is it better to just play on veteran and get all the territories?
Old 04-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjim
Is there a reward difference when you use higher difficulties? Or is it better to just play on veteran and get all the territories?
No difference besides the random card at the end of every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
The difference is just related to the mechanics of conquest mode itself - you get higher numbers of fans captured in the capture phase for playing tougher levels, and difficulty levels themselves are the bonus/penalty for playing the board game well - that is, when you attack with an overwhelming force you might have the option of playing on Rookie/Vet, but if you're really undermanned you might only be able to choose HOF/Legend.

Plus, the potential of a better end game drop as mentioned above.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
Banned

oldjim's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The difference is just related to the mechanics of conquest mode itself - you get higher numbers of fans captured in the capture phase for playing tougher levels, and difficulty levels themselves are the bonus/penalty for playing the board game well - that is, when you attack with an overwhelming force you might have the option of playing on Rookie/Vet, but if you're really undermanned you might only be able to choose HOF/Legend.

Plus, the potential of a better end game drop as mentioned above.
That's what I mean. If I play on Hall Of Fame, will I get a better card after the game?
Old 04-09-2016, 07:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
That's what I mean. If I play on Hall Of Fame, will I get a better card after the game?
Possibly. It's just odds - nothing is guaranteed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »