Home

What do the 2500 coin captain packs contain?

This is a discussion on What do the 2500 coin captain packs contain? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #9
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do the 2500 coin captain packs contain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin82485
I like the idea of the captains, but the execution is poor in my opinion. At first, I thought it would be fun to play the captain missions and earn tickets to buy those limited time cards, but now I don't even care because of the payout:cost:time ratio.

I'll hit level 30 on Donaldson soon but am not sure I will want to use tickets on the Donaldson level 30 card.

Once I hit 30, I will switch to Rizzo probably.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #10
MVP

Ed_Farias's Arena

OVR: 14

I hit 30 with Ortiz and was going to buy the Cole card to sell, but then realized all the cards from the Captains are No Sell. Not sure why I didn't see that before.

I guess it makes sense as it would flood the market with those Gold cards. I guess I'm still really trying to figure out the point of the captains missions besides just to save up and get the golds for your DD team. Why would you buy the Tier 1-3 cards?

Also, once you buy the gold, does it change to another card? Because the Golds have been the same since the game came out.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #11
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Farias
I hit 30 with Ortiz and was going to buy the Cole card to sell, but then realized all the cards from the Captains are No Sell. Not sure why I didn't see that before.

I guess it makes sense as it would flood the market with those Gold cards. I guess I'm still really trying to figure out the point of the captains missions besides just to save up and get the golds for your DD team. Why would you buy the Tier 1-3 cards?

Also, once you buy the gold, does it change to another card? Because the Golds have been the same since the game came out.

No they have not. The Golds change weekly. I would suggest holding off on purchasing anyone from the captain store until someone rare shows up. I'm pretty sure they stated that their would be some cards available only in the captains store...so that's who I'm waiting for
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #12
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Hot garbage, that's what.
Yep. Bought one of the Donaldson ones and found that out the hard way. Got 2 of the same garbage common out of 3 cards. But at least his clutch rating is high!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #13
MVP

Ed_Farias's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
No they have not. The Golds change weekly. I would suggest holding off on purchasing anyone from the captain store until someone rare shows up. I'm pretty sure they stated that their would be some cards available only in the captains store...so that's who I'm waiting for
They are suppose to change weekly, but Ortiz has been Cole since launch. Maybe by luck it wqs Cole again.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Yep. Bought one of the Donaldson ones and found that out the hard way. Got 2 of the same garbage common out of 3 cards. But at least his clutch rating is high!
Clutch arm accuracy is vital when choosing a 9th string second baseman.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Farias
They are suppose to change weekly, but Ortiz has been Cole since launch. Maybe by luck it wqs Cole again.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
I'm actually glad it came back, I was level 28 with about 150 tickets to go when it had about 16 hours left. Ended up falling asleep and waking up around noon the next day, completely depressed that I missed out.. I don't think I logged back into the Show for a day because all that work for nothing and then of course the servers were still bad. Come to find out he was still the level 30 card! Got 'em

And don't buy the Captains cards, you pay 2x as much as a regular pack, get half the cards. All about the same randomness of suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #16
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1

The captain packs seem totally not worth the money. It seems like it takes forever to level up a Captain, I am at level 27 with Altuve and I wanted the Springer card last week but after making it up 20 levels the first week I could only get up 7 levels last week despite getting like 1,200 tickets. Keeping my fingers crossed next weeks card will be Correa since the week it is Danny Salzar and he wouldn't make it on my roation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »