Home

Player Review Thread

This is a discussion on Player Review Thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #25
Rookie

SideRetired's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Review Thread

94 FB Ben Zobrist

STATS:

280 AB l 66 H l 35 AB/RISP l 4 H/RISP l 6 2B l 0 3B l 3 HR l 19 RBI l 3 BB l .236 AVG l

Fielding:

Pretty good, in fact really good. Has made some nice diving plays on occasion too and turning double plays are smooth and easy (helps if you have a good ss paired up). His throwing is great too, and pretty accurate. No errors yet with him at 2b. - 9/10 -

Hitting:

Well, I originally went for him to have some nice D on the infield as well as a solid bat. He's not that solid when he has the bat unfortunately. For a diamond 94 player too, I was kinda bummed out when I realized he's not that good at hitting at all. Usually, he'll make some good contact but you have to square it up pretty damn perfectly with him. He's also K'd the most out of all my players so that's not good either. I certainly would not recommend hitting him high in the lineup. - 4/10 -

Baserunning:

Nothing crazy, nothing garbage. He's actually kinda solid on the basepaths with above average speed and a surprisingly high steal rating. A double in the gap or down the line will most likely get him home from first. - 6/10 -

Final Thoughts:

Overall I'd say he's an average player, which is unfortunate considering he's a diamond player. He is nothing special but can get you some good defense at second base. Was he worth it for me? Not at all but it's alright. He's not a bad bat to have in the eight whole though. Personally, I pretty close to acquiring Altuve soon and he will be replacing him. However I may keep Zobrist around for the bench as he is a pretty good utility player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlyn45
mike aviles FB
I'm not a fan of guys like him that you can just throw high fastballs to and get out every time because they don't have enough power to punish the high heat with home runs.

The only way he would have stayed in my lineup is if he had more speed or more hitting power. But his speed is mediocre and his power is nonexistent. So I will never use him again over Corey Seager at shortstop. Just get Seager instead if you want a shortstop with good contact hitting.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #27
Rookie

Yeah I have seager at short I want to move him to third since I can't hit with Todd Frazier. I'm thinking of buying Beltre for third base have you used him ?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hit a game tying homer with 94 Zobrist online today off of Chapman in the bottom of the ninth. Zobrist is awesome versus lefties, but versus righties he only has a few hot zones so he's pretty easy to pitch around. But versus lefties, love him. And love his versatility in the field as well, so he'll be a fixture in my lineup vs lefties and will be available for pinch hitting/double switch duty when a righty is on the mound to start the game.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:19 AM   #29
Rookie

TookTheCrown's Arena

Has anyone used the Yogi Berra you get from the Yankees feed mission? He looks solid and I could use a catcher upgrade.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #30
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

Would anyone be able to give me a review on the FB Grady Sizemore? I intend to pursue one if it's a good card.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #31
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

The only thing I can contribute to this thread is that the 91 rookie DeGrom is garbage. He was my rookie pull from my Gamestop pre-order so he was the first guy on my team, and even though he has been my best SP by over 10 OVR points the entire time through about 100 games, he's by far the worst. Gives up yakkers like nobody's business. I am dominating with guys like Steven Matz, Derek Holland and Mike Fiers, but the 91 rookie DeGrom is atrocious. Avoid at all costs if you were hoping to use it for your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 07:38 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can someone review the FB Joba Chamberlain? And how fast is his fastball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »