Home

Random pitcher selection in DD games

This is a discussion on Random pitcher selection in DD games within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #17
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Random pitcher selection in DD games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
why dont you guys change them up? im sure you have other pitchers that get a higher rated inside edge rating you can use. heck, i consistantly change my pitching rotation day to day because ive had like Volquez or Ventura rated higher than Bumgarner on certain days.
I do when I can, but my lower rated pitchers, even with a 5 star inside edge don't always out-rate my best players. My 5 best pitchers are rated 91, 88, 84 (I think?), 83, and 81. all my other pitchers are mid 70s or lower.
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent
Old 04-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #18
Rookie

azstdogg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Random pitcher selection in DD games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
It was like this last year. I didnt play much DD and probably spent about $5 on packs. I didn't have anyone big. Shields was my best starter and he NEVER once got the start (I think I played about 20 games). None on line.

Why even have it random. Just make it that enough fatigue makes it that you can't pitch that guy for 5 days. I'm sure it can be done. At least in FIFA, resting your player replenishes the player's fatigue.
Yeah, this is the only thing I hate about The Show (outside of the bugs). Why did they change it to random? They had fatigue in DD in '13. They have it in Franchise mode. I understand people didn't like playing against the same pitchers all the time, but they play against the same batters and relievers. Why make SP selection random? Why not also randomize batting order or who my closer is - makes as much sense. Use fatigue to limit pitcher selection (if this is really even needed to make the mode work) and apply performance penalties (when using someone not at their peak or too long in game) similar to using a player out of position.

DD is all about choosing the players you want on your team, so let people play whoever they want. I don't care if someone uses they same SP all the time. It's their team, play whoever you want. It really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all. Not being able to choose my team does though. Also, the more I see a pitcher, the more I get used to hitting off him.

I'm sure the SP selection is in fact random, but if I save up enough stubs to buy an ace I want to use, I don't want to have to wait several games before I can finally pitch with him. It really ruins the experience. I got Greinke in a pack and was excited to use him, but had to wait about 8-10 games before it happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »