Home

'Go easy' on Battle Royale until next patch, says developer

This is a discussion on 'Go easy' on Battle Royale until next patch, says developer within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
'Go easy' on Battle Royale until next patch, says developer

The opponent disconnect exploit seems to have been taken care of, but the mode is still plagued by freezes and crashes. I'd say that nearly half of my games are ending in a freeze that forces myself or my opponent to close the game, resulting in a loss. I've played 4 games this morning and 2 of them ended due to a freeze or crash.

In one game I tried to warm up a pitcher and it caused the game to freeze. My opponent disconnected, I'm assuming, or my opponent's game crashes facilitating the freeze and I was informed I had been disconnected from my opponent. I got the win.

The second time I was attempting to steal second base. As the throw came into second my game crashes and the PlayStation error report page came up. I'm guessing that when this happens my opponent's game froze and relayed to him that I had been disconnected. I got the loss.

Game bugs are typical, but this game has more than it's fair share, and it's exacerbated by the fact that there's a 1,500 stub fee to enter a tournament where your two losses feel all but guaranteed just based on freezes and crashes.

When I voiced my displeasure about the mode to a developer he recommended I go easy on playing the mode until it's patched. I appreciated the advice and other accommodations made, but why has this advice not been made in a statement to the community as a whole? People are wasting their money, time and all of this after already purchasing your product. It doesn't seem right. It's irresponsible.

I was warned, so I can't really be upset over the losses due to freezes, but with no dialog from SDS how is anyone supposed to know when the mode is or isn't fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 'Go easy' on Battle Royale until next patch, says developer

I haven't played BR in a while but I've played a lot of Diamond Dynasty. Why would there be more freezes in BR and not in Diamond Dynasty? To me, this quote doesn't add up.

Also, Diamond Dynasty online head to head games have been a lot more stable than in previous years. Last year at this time the experience was a whole lot worse than it is now.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Why would there be more freezes in BR and not in Diamond Dynasty?
Because there is more at stake in Battle Royale games so all of the cheesiest, win-at-all-costs players are playing this mode and deliberately trying to freeze the game whenever they get behind to avoid taking a loss.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Because there is more at stake in Battle Royale games so all of the cheesiest, win-at-all-costs players are playing this mode and deliberately trying to freeze the game whenever they get behind to avoid taking a loss.
So you are saying aside from the recently fixed opponent disconnect debacle, folks are using other means to cause games to freeze?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm not sure about that. I've had freezes that were when the game was still up for grabs. In the middle of a steal attempt. After my opponent hit a double and I was going to the 'pen.

It's just full of bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 02:40 PM   #6
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Not toughing BR anymore until it's completely fixed. Already wasted too many stubs on this.

This will be the trophy that keeps me from Platinum, I know it.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

My last 3 battle royale games have ended in a freeze and I've had to take one loss because of it, the other 2 games i just left my game on while watching tv or eating until my opponent left the game, i hate how it always seems to freeze when im winning with like one out left.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
MVP

This is only my 3rd game of BR. The dude was winning but he called time when his pitcher was up and now it's frozen. Did he do that on purpose?

I waited it out and he left

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

Last edited by BlessingSpore72; 04-29-2016 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »