Home

Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended

This is a discussion on Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 07:38 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended

I have an all diamond Bullpen, but i mostly stick to the FB ones i have, bc i know they will not be downgraded. Everyday the live series are down at least 2-3 points and sometimes 5. I have had Betances all year. And he has been diamond for a long time. I am pretty sure he has only been 93 once

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 06-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #10
Rookie

I think the reason why relievers and closers are always down is because when they come into a game there's only two outcomes. They come in and do as expected and keep the game the same or they blow it. So when it comes to inside edge I think they magnify the negatives so there are drops. I think because of this it appears harsher on the relievers than anyone else. Trevor Rosenthal has probably blown a save against each team in the NL at some point in his career (probably not but let's just say he has) so because of that it's hard for him to be boosted or even stay the same cause he's had a blown save against any given NL team.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #11
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

It has nothing to do with blown saves, thats not how analytics work.

I think there is a very glaring problem with how they categorize relievers and group them together. If you look at what it says about Kimbrel today, it says "Pitchers with similar repertoires have an ERA of 4.63 against the Orioles this season" It says something similar for Britton and Jansen and a bunch of guys.

How many guys have similar repertoires to any of these three? They are pretty much all in a category of their own, especially if youre speaking about Kimbrel who has had the longest career of three so he has the most data to go off of. Hes had a historic beginning to his career, there arent any other relievers like him. Britton's heavy sinker and Jansen's cutter are both extremely unique pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #12
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

My relievers are either at their normal rating or below. I don't remember ever seeing them rated above their normal rating.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #13
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Just to sum up the situation, just cycle to the insider edge section for closing pitchers. Pappelbon is up 6, Kelley is up 1, then there are three who are even, then literally every other closer is in negative form. It's marginally better for relievers, but the better ones are all down in form. It needs fixing
Old 06-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #14
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Huzzah! Looks like they've finally got round to fixing this, all the relievers now have much better variety of form, including positive form. Took there time about it, but hopefully they've got it sorted now

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »