Home

FB Cards now in Standard Packs?

This is a discussion on FB Cards now in Standard Packs? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #49
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FB Cards now in Standard Packs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I think Ive opened about 200 packs today, after starting with about 75k, selling stuff I got in packs and buying more (endless fun). Just pulled FB Cole Hamels, which is beyond excellent! Add that to the collection of terrible FB's I also pulled and it's been a pretty good haul, probably about breaking me even for the day (mainly thanks to pulling Syndergaard, Sale, Chapman and Mookie)
Man I got 105K stubs or so and I'm just not sure what to do right now. I've completed all collections so I'm just going after the super rares...part of me wants to spend it all on FB bullpen guys so I don't have to worry about that anymore. Another part wants to go after the rookie Mauer. Another part wants me to get a bunch of 20 packs and hope I score a Mariners A-Rod or something
Old 07-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #50
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Man I got 105K stubs or so and I'm just not sure what to do right now. I've completed all collections so I'm just going after the super rares...part of me wants to spend it all on FB bullpen guys so I don't have to worry about that anymore. Another part wants to go after the rookie Mauer. Another part wants me to get a bunch of 20 packs and hope I score a Mariners A-Rod or something
I've just been saving up and buying 20 packs like a madman, feeding all the bronze and common players for teams I need to my created player and selling all the silvers, golds and diamonds to buy more packs.

I'm not a massive fan of using the FB cards tbh, I much prefer using the Live Series cards with their IE bonuses, so I'm mainly just opening packs for the fun of it, if I happen to get something cool like a rookie FB with missions or a great FB, then that's just a bonus. Probably the most useful thing is it's allowed me to complete about 20 or so of the feeding missions without any effort at all, while also helping to teach me for next year that opening packs really isn't an effective use of of my coins! It's been a lot of fun.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #51
Rookie

Guys i pulled 88 rick gossage but i cant sell it . Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 12:37 AM   #52
Rookie

IcyVegeta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekinyas
Guys i pulled 88 rick gossage but i cant sell it . Any ideas?
Use him, imo.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
What does your lineup look like? I'm assuming with all the collections done you are set in the OF with Stocker, Kemp, Trout, Ichiro, Harper, etc. I'm assuming you have 99 A Rod at 3B too, and your SP should be pretty set. I'd consider either Mauer (or Molina for defense), 99 CP Wainwright, or a SS. The 95 Papelbon grind is worth it too, he's been my best pitcher this year.

C- Pink Shaq/Saph Russell/Saph Moses Malone
PF- Saph Hakeem/ Gold Lebron/ Saph David Robinson
SF- Pink Melo/ Diamond KD
SG- 90-91 MJ/ Ruby 97-98 Kobe
PG- Ruby Magic/ Ruby Payton
Old 07-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #54
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
What does your lineup look like? I'm assuming with all the collections done you are set in the OF with Stocker, Kemp, Trout, Ichiro, Harper, etc. I'm assuming you have 99 A Rod at 3B too, and your SP should be pretty set. I'd consider either Mauer (or Molina for defense), 99 CP Wainwright, or a SS. The 95 Papelbon grind is worth it too, he's been my best pitcher this year.
Yeah I have everyone you can get, the only missions I haven't completed are Braves, D-Backs, Indians, and Phillies.

Your thoughts are pretty much what I've been thinking too. I've been playing Machado at SS, he's been pretty good, but I've been eyeing the Mariners A-Rod or Prime Tulo for that spot (I'm kind of 300-400K away from that). I usually play my created guy at catcher because he is better by a wider margin there than he would be anywhere else. That Mauer card looks real sexy though. I may just pursue that Wainwright and whatever other nice bullpen card there is, but I kind of hate spending large money on bullpen guys...not in my cheesin' *** DNA...lol

The card I want most is 2012 Miguel Cabrera because he's one of my favorites ever but he's not really a huge improvement over the current one with IE
Old 07-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #55
Rookie

noahsark22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
How exactly did you earn that Papelbon card? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #56
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Just pulled FB Molina in a Standard Pack. That makes FB Cano and FB Molina in one week. I need to quit while I'm ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »