Home

All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2017, 07:40 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

Admittedly I don't see a lot of this as I don't play online, but doesn't a lot of the sameness stem from the fact that they are basically giving away 99 OVRs at this point? I mean, who isn't going to have Williams and A-Rod in their line-up these days?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
MVP

Syce's Arena

it was actually worse in the show 15, but there are alot more players(legends, etc) that add to it, and i knew that these ultimate teams always end up like that. every ultimate team mode in all sports games have this same problem. you get the best players and bam you essentially finished the mode. IE adds a lot to this mode which is a huge step in the right direction but there needs more to like Cardinalbird said, needs some type of salary cap or something to give players a need to work their roster the way they want other than just getting the best of the best and thats the end of it.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:23 AM   #11
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
What I'd like to see for DD is Battle Royale, but a single player mode that doesn't involve playing other people (like the draft champions mode in Madden)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #12
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: All of the Diamond Dynasty Rosters Look the Same in MLB The Show 16

as far as online rated, you face the same 2-3 teams over and over as well
Old 01-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Not following your logic here.
My point is unless you are an elite player you don't play many people who want to play a realistic type of game. Peoplek are typically elite level guys who use these same players and can hit incredibly wel. Then the players who aren't great at hitting just get speedsters and bunt, steal, steal, bunt, to score. It's more about the flaws in the gameplay then anything that makes the modes a waste of time unless you're an elite level player and are playing more people who can actually hit and play that way.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #14
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by theu715
They should probably put more work and time into other modes such as Online Franchise (not holding my breathe) and consistent gameplay improvements online. DD and Battle Royal just feel like two types of game play. First, players who are top quality players who get high end cards (as you mentioned) and just rake. Second, players who are decent that look for exploits to try and just get wins (bunting, stealing, taking bases on slow game animations, etc.). Most people will never be the elite level players, so these modes have no appeal at all. Online Franchise provides much more even playing fields, especially when you get in a great league, like some of the ones we have on here. Building teams with real players, budgeting salary caps, drafting fake players, and developing real (created) rookie talent is leaps and bounds ahead of DD/card modes in my opinion.
The only real way to make DD teams look different is to make there be a budget system to the quality of players you can use on a team. For instance, Prime Tulo costs 3k points and you only get 20k points to work with in piking players. You could even tighten it up and make it a certain amount to spend for starters, relievers, and position players.
Awesome post, man. I agree about online franchise hopefully getting some more love.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #15
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
The rosters actually had alot more variety during the season since IE was still applicable. Granted now you do see alot of the same especially since SDS basically gave up the best cards for free to keep people interested during the winter.

They basically need a salary cap mode along with regular DD with separate leaderboards and incentives for both. I am the 2nd team you looked at and I have not played in 4-5 months. Theres nothing to play for.

Battle Royale has alot of potential too if they balance that out and add leaderboards and more incentives.

I also agree with you for online rated. I prefer playing that because its real baseball and much more challenging to hit and manage your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A salary cap would be a great idea--really make for some tough decisions. We'd want the $ amount based on player rating/age only, and not real life as we'd all see the same young studs still under team control.

Definitely some potential with an idea like that. Well said!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
as far as online rated, you face the same 2-3 teams over and over as well
Yes, that is a good point. I like how they force you to rotate SP, so maybe there's something there too that could allow for some team selection randomness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »