Home

I won a Battle Royale game and got a loss instead

This is a discussion on I won a Battle Royale game and got a loss instead within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
I won a Battle Royale game and got a loss instead

I was playing this guy who had no quit in him, I won 22-1 and I was wondering why this guy just kept playing the way he did or even kept playing at all. Get out of the game and it goes to queue, after a few minutes I check and I get a check mark in one of the boxes. WTF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I won a Battle Royale game and got a loss instead

Both BR and Seasons are in a very poor shape right now for me. I attribute it to me being in southern Europe, lag is noticable and especially when making contact with the ball. It jerks and stutters and sometimes my bat swings through the ball without hitting it.
But, to address a similar problem to yours...
I lost my first BR game in 5th inning fair and square, held my own despite everything.
Then I go to play another game. Guy knocks 2 homers off me, then I toss the next batter out on a short groundout, infielders toss the ball around, and the game hang on the animation of my 2B walking around. Nothing I press works, he just stands there and walks in circles...Then after a few minutes, connection to opponent lost, exit out, no loss for me.
I quit for the day, come back tomorrow, play different games, try another BR, the guy knocks two homers off me, I put out his batter on a popup, and the game hangs on the animation of my SS stretching beside the second base. Nothing I press works, few minutes later, connection to opponent lost...

Check my BR status page, 0 wins, 1 loss.
Check my missions, 2 BR wins.

I am not complaining, but I empathise with my opponents. They are probably pissed at me, think I somehow engineered that.
And in actuality, I really wouldn't mind losing, so I can redraft, get that trophy, and never play online again. Screw the missions, I would never win 50-100-200 online games anyway, with perfect connections.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Game is broken now online and 95% of the game is online. If you don't want stupid weird losses or freezing the only option is to not play. I have had it all happen to me and it really sucks. I can't even play a game of conquest which should be computer no online opponent and get a fair result. Game goes to queue and I never get the result...

Nice game San Diego Studios. Hope the reviews reflect our experiences! Somehow I am pretty sure those reviews will say best baseball game ever. So realistic and smooth gameplay and did I mention how well they pay the reviewer....
Old 04-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

Something felt odd the whole time. I won 22-1, and kept wondering why my opponent stayed in the game and why he kept throwing meatballs over and over again. I was doing my best to end it but eventually I would get a hit and just let him tag me out because the scoring wouldn't stop.

This is so annoying though.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

I've had no issues of this nature. Once the game connects there is no more or less lag then there was in 16.

I've also played against CPU teams in DD when the servers were having problems and it ran great.

The only issues that I have is after the game, I don't ever seem to see the player screen. You know where you get your card revealed. It's happened once or twice, but that's it. Which is a little annoying, I when I log back in and get cards, those are the cards I've 'earned' from playing games.

Who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth72
I've had no issues of this nature. Once the game connects there is no more or less lag then there was in 16.

I've also played against CPU teams in DD when the servers were having problems and it ran great.

The only issues that I have is after the game, I don't ever seem to see the player screen. You know where you get your card revealed. It's happened once or twice, but that's it. Which is a little annoying, I when I log back in and get cards, those are the cards I've 'earned' from playing games.

Who knows.
My in game connections are fine, but man when and if this problem happens to you it's going to totally suck.

I really liked the team I drafted as well. Best case scenario, they'll probably just say sorry and put 1500 stubs back in. It'd be nice to erase that false loss but I don't think they can. Last year I was at 16-0 when I got DDOS'd by the same person and I was SOL.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
My in game connections are fine, but man when and if this problem happens to you it's going to totally suck.

I really liked the team I drafted as well. Best case scenario, they'll probably just say sorry and put 1500 stubs back in. It'd be nice to erase that false loss but I don't think they can. Last year I was at 16-0 when I got DDOS'd by the same person and I was SOL.
Just saying: If they actually wanted, there is ALWAYS a way to correct things like bad data of that nature. However, they probably wouldn't because it can be troublesome (especially on such a large scale) and it opens the can of worms of when they should and shouldn't manually adjust data entries for the game.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil frier
Just saying: If they actually wanted, there is ALWAYS a way to correct things like bad data of that nature. However, they probably wouldn't because it can be troublesome (especially on such a large scale) and it opens the can of worms of when they should and shouldn't manually adjust data entries for the game.
Yeah, that's what I figured. But I understand they can't open that can of worms.

All I want is a refund at the very least. If they wanted to throw in an apologetic 20 pack I would be okay with that.............lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »