Home

DD Defensive AI Broken?

This is a discussion on DD Defensive AI Broken? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Rookie

mamader9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DD Defensive AI Broken?

My biggest problem is with the infield as well. Catchers are slow to get out of a crouch to get a dribbler which should be an easy play. 3b don't crash as hard as they should on dribblers down the line. every short stop in the game can make a "jeter" throw from the 5.5 hole on the grass.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoltanZ
The more I play, the more the defense bothers me. Its not the same for my team and the CPU team. I have had more laser beam line drives robbed by jumping/diving infielders or sliding/diving outfielders its driving me nuts. Yet, at least twice my catcher has dropped pop-ups right in front of the plate. Slow grounders get by Pedrioa because he looks like he is running in mud. I constantly have to switch off my RF or LF to get to my CF when the ball is 20 feet away from my CF and 100 feet away from the others.

I have seen where the outfield is playing my hitter straight up but when I blast it into the gap, the right or left fielder is magically in the gap. Don't get me started with bounces off the wall. I hit a ball off the wall they play it perfectly and I get a single. The CPU hits it off the wall its a guaranteed triple unless the guy is slow. I have yet to see the CPU make a throwing error either, every ball is scooped out at first.

I will get blasted for this but I feel like games are predetermined sometimes when you play the CPU. I have had common/low bronze pitchers throw like they are diamonds. Even when you square up a pitch it goes right to someone or they make a spectacular play. Then my silver/gold/ diamond pitcher cant find the strike zone and 70+ fielding guys are making errors left and right. Its annoying sometimes.
This is exactly what I meant when I started this thread. It's like outfielders warp to gaps and their shift is always in the right spot. I don't think I've mentioned this but I was playing on Veteran on the game I made the thread about. It really is annoying and I hope they get it patched. I never felt this way in hundreds of hours in MLB The Show 16.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Old 04-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #11
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethward79
Yeah, the CPU is always in the perfect spot. I think I've seen one or two diving/shoestring catches muffed in about 50. I too have experience with auto selecting the outfielder in the furthest position.

I also notice that my infielders don't even bother going after balls unless hit directly at them. To their left or right? Eh, they just watch it go by and roll into the outfield while the 36 speed CPU player legs it into a double.

Not sure if this one is my settings and/or user error but a lot of times I'll have a ball hit to my infielder and I'll preload the throw to turn a double play... they just stand there with the ball ready to throw it, I have to hit the button again to finish the animation, usually resulting in an out but a failed dp. Though if the guy on first is 79 speed or more he's usually safe too.
That used to happen to me all the time until I turned 'Throw Cancelling' off.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
Rookie

Sethward79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
That used to happen to me all the time until I turned 'Throw Cancelling' off.
My throw cancelling is off.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Played a quick conquest game this morning. No runners on and a hit on the shortstop side of 2nd base and it had control on my 2nd baseman!!! Expecting to run to the right with my shortstop I pulled my CF out of position and it turned into a double...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »