Home

Feeding my created DD player

This is a discussion on Feeding my created DD player within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Icon5 Feeding my created DD player

I get the concept of boosting the card w equipment and players. Makes sense to me.

What is driving me crazy is that his stats don't accumulate. Been using him throughout Conquest, and every game starts with him having 0s on every column. Not a huge deal. But I would like to see patterns and trends, hot zones developing over time, and overall accumulated stats. You know.....bc I want to log his random pitching stats AND his monster batting stats. (he's a 2B)

I'm sure that I'm not the only "numbers guy" playing this game. Lol. Apologies if this has been covered. Completely new to the game, and this is my first post outside of the 2k forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Feeding my created DD player

This is the one thing in DD other than not knowing if I'm facing a lefty or righty that annoys me.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I wish I could make my guy weaker. He's so well rounded high 70s at everything right now. I'd rather be able to make him have flaws, but it's too late for that
Old 04-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

What's the best way to get him upgraded this year? Specific players?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkatz
What's the best way to get him upgraded this year? Specific players?

I built my guy up strictly using power bats & speed players, focusing more on PWR vs R. Specifically Chris Carter & Adam Duvall as cheap players that have good power vs both hands. The contact will come with it don't worry, it balances out as a lot of the Speed players you feed him I'll have way higher Contact/vision compared to the power bats.

Feeding is a tricky process though. Let's say you're about to feed your player 2 Mark Trumbo's. Good pwr on both sides, OK contact.... Then you throw Nomar Mazara, or Oswaldo Arcia into that feed... Suddenly, in Mazaraz case, the Boost you were about to give to your Left handed hitting, it gets slightly nerfed, simply because Mazara sucks vs lefties. He actually imposeses a DEDUCTION to the value Trumbo was about to provide to your Left Handed hitting. Arcia is the same expect he imposes a deduction to Contact vs BOTH hands....
*** Understand that this type of effect takes place whenever you try to feed your player a mixed bag of skill sets. Don't feed him 10 speed players AND 10 power bats in the same feed, you won't get as much out of is as you will by feeding him those skills SEPERATELY ... True story

Just focus on cheap first basemen & cheap speed outfielders, preferably don't spend more than 100 stubs on a player other than Carter or Trumbo. Otherwise, collectively, you'll be wasting stubs w/o realizing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYsportsjunkie
I built my guy up strictly using power bats & speed players, focusing more on PWR vs R. Specifically Chris Carter & Adam Duvall as cheap players that have good power vs both hands. The contact will come with it don't worry, it balances out as a lot of the Speed players you feed him I'll have way higher Contact/vision compared to the power bats.

Feeding is a tricky process though. Let's say you're about to feed your player 2 Mark Trumbo's. Good pwr on both sides, OK contact.... Then you throw Nomar Mazara, or Oswaldo Arcia into that feed... Suddenly, in Mazaraz case, the Boost you were about to give to your Left handed hitting, it gets slightly nerfed, simply because Mazara sucks vs lefties. He actually imposeses a DEDUCTION to the value Trumbo was about to provide to your Left Handed hitting. Arcia is the same expect he imposes a deduction to Contact vs BOTH hands....

*** Understand that this type of effect takes place whenever you try to feed your player a mixed bag of skill sets. Don't feed him 10 speed players AND 10 power bats in the same feed, you won't get as much out of is as you will by feeding him those skills SEPERATELY ... True story

Just focus on cheap first basemen & cheap speed outfielders, preferably don't spend more than 100 stubs on a player other than Carter or Trumbo. Otherwise, collectively, you'll be wasting stubs w/o realizing

This is a really helpful post. I had no idea this is how it worked. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
Rookie

No problem man, glad to help. I figured that out back in The Show 15, & most people didn't realize it back then either lol. And fwiw you can monitor that whole process & get a better understanding of it by clicking 'feed' everytime you add a player to the feed list, (without actually feed ofc), just to see what kind of boost that player provides. The more you upgrade your player, the more cards it'll take to keep boosting him up, so you really get an idea on how it all works as your attributes get better (& thus harder to upgrade)

Last edited by NYYsportsjunkie; 04-30-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYsportsjunkie

Great info! Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »