Home

MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17

A new roster update and a new pack of cards went live today for Diamond Dynasty. The pack of cards is the April 28 Bases Loaded Pack.

The main draw of this pack is you are guaranteed a single Griffey equipment item to hopefully help you finish that portion of the Diamond Program. It costs 2,000 Stubs and you are limited to five packs. My personal recommendation is to pass on this pack of cards. You're very likely to just get duplicates of the Silver equipment items -- even with a triple chance of a Diamond player, with only 3 player items per pack it's not good math on that end either.

On the roster update end of things, the biggest change is that Freddie Freeman is now a Diamond player. This should make finishing the Braves collection much more expensive moving forward.

Other major changes include:

-James Paxton jumping from a Silver to a Gold.

-Bryce Harper becoming an even more dominant Diamond.

-Raisel Iglesias becoming a Gold, which gives the Reds their first Gold player of the season (Votto is a Diamond).

-Wil Myers going from Silver to Gold, which again should make the Padres collection a little more pricey to finish as this is the first Padres player to go Gold.

-Ivan Nova, Chris Devenski, Ervin Santana, Jason Vargas and Dylan Bundy jumped from Bronze to Silver players.

-Jason Heyward and Curtis Granderson jumped from Bronze to Silver.

-And Eric Thames was finally added to the game, and he comes in at a 82 overall, with 80 power against lefties and righties.

-EDIT- OS user PRBoricua has also pointed out the Player Spotlight mission for the All-Star Ken Griffey Jr. has been altered so you now have unlimited Ranked Seasons games to get the 10 home runs and 22 RBIs to unlock the Breakout Ken Griffey Jr.

Platform: PS4

Last edited by ChaseB; 04-28-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17

Cesar Hernandez moved up to 84 overall from 81(or 82). Not a huge deal, but it's an update
Old 04-28-2017, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not player related, but they also removed the 30 game deadline for the 10 HR/22 RBI Griffey Jr mission allowing you to complete it at your own pace.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
Cesar Hernandez moved up to 84 overall from 81(or 82). Not a huge deal, but it's an update
Yeah, I figured it wasn't a tier change so left it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
Not player related, but they also removed the 30 game deadline for the 10 HR/22 RBI Griffey Jr mission allowing you to complete it at your own pace.
Good call, I'll add this to the story. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

I just noticed Aaron Judge....

Omg. He's a beast lol. Rating went up from 68 to 75, easily replaces Franklin Gutierrez as the best bronze bat, maybe the best bronze overall

He's gonna be a sick plug in on days he's boosted. Probably gonna pick up & hoard a ton of his cards for the long haul lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #6
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Did they fix the Chipper Jones mission? I've done the 4 rbi 4 hits and 1 hr mission twice now without it counting.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.
As of now you should be safe to do that, assuming that you've done everything you need to do with the Team Epics before getting to the trade-in stage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »