Home

Tips for hitting more home runs?

This is a discussion on Tips for hitting more home runs? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
Tips for hitting more home runs?

Hey everyone I need some tips on hitting home runs more often and easier. I'm trying to get those 33 home runs for the Cruz program on Ranked Seasons, but I'm having such a hard time as I only have 7 on just pure luck. Getting the home runs are stressing me out. I play using zone hitting, but my timing and knowing where he is going to pitch it to sucks. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Last edited by RocketsFan1993; 06-01-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Tips for hitting more home runs?

Conquest curtis granderson and ticket counter alex gordon are good players to use for this mission. A lot of opponents pitch to their cold zone high and inside. Set up pre pitch in those areas and wait for the right pitch. Granderson demolishes those over the right field wall frequently.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Conquest curtis granderson and ticket counter alex gordon are good players to use for this mission. A lot of opponents pitch to their cold zone high and inside. Set up pre pitch in those areas and wait for the right pitch. Granderson demolishes those over the right field wall frequently.
I can't do conquest that well. In fact I had something going on conquest at first, but the Blue Jays kept on taking my territories and it made me mad. Also I then had to restart conquest, because I had to conquer a Rays territory for the Rookie Archer program. Do you have any other suggestions besides Granderson and Gordon?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Aiming to hit homers is a great way to not hit any tbh. I ended up just setting an entire team of breakout players and just playing normally until I got there.

C- Dale Murphy (1B from ticket store, also can play catcher very well
1B- Gordon (LF from ticket store, ridiculous first baseman)
2B- Kinsler (Texas team epic)
3B- Rendon (conquest reward)
SS- Larkin (Reds epic)
RF- Granderson (conquest reward)
CF- Griffey
LF- Killibrew (3B reward from last event, pretty cheap to pick up, can't field but rakes)
Old 06-01-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Aiming to hit homers is a great way to not hit any tbh. I ended up just setting an entire team of breakout players and just playing normally until I got there.

C- Dale Murphy (1B from ticket store, also can play catcher very well
1B- Gordon (LF from ticket store, ridiculous first baseman)
2B- Kinsler (Texas team epic)
3B- Rendon (conquest reward)
SS- Larkin (Reds epic)
RF- Granderson (conquest reward)
CF- Griffey
LF- Killibrew (3B reward from last event, pretty cheap to pick up, can't field but rakes)
Like 5 or 6 of my starting lineup are Breakouts, but the only one I use that you used is Dale Murphy.
Do you have any tips for using Zone hitting on either Wedge or Buckshot that will help me with my timing and knowing where the pitch is going to land? I always have trouble with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFan1993
Like 5 or 6 of my starting lineup are Breakouts, but the only one I use that you used is Dale Murphy.
Do you have any tips for using Zone hitting on either Wedge or Buckshot that will help me with my timing and knowing where the pitch is going to land? I always have trouble with that.
I recently switched from pure analog to Zone+wedge. One thing that's helped is changing my camera angle to Offset Zoom. The closer camera angles might help you pick up pitches faster, allowing you to determine strike v. ball more quickly.
As for the actual hitting, try to get into a hitters count, or a count that you know where the pitch will be. A lot of players throw junk the first few pitches because many hitters are overaggressive, so take a few and get in a good count.
I try to get the wedge just a bit under the spot I think it'll land, to get that lift. Depending on the hitter, I use power or normal swings. To me, power swings are more effective, since a lot of my perfectly placed normal swings end up as lazy flies. But the choice is yours.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

I am so sick of this stupid game. People hit home runs like crazy against me but I hit 105 mph pop ups with good timing. I have a god squad and power swing or normal swing and it doesn't matter. I literally don't have any idea what to do.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
MVP

I have never been a great hitter, but recentlyI have been practing on HOF in BP. Yesterday i was able to hit 6 home runs in 1 game. It just takes practice

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »