Home

What is your "Home Stadium"?

This is a discussion on What is your "Home Stadium"? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your "Home Stadium"?

I figure this can be a nice little discussion to see if anyone picks ballparks to fit their playstyle. Most of the "home" games for me are in Sportsman Park(Really like the look of that stadium despite it's tiny dimensions) and Blue River Stadium(Reminds me of Campbell's Field in Camden, and is pretty neutral in terms of dimensions and walls.

I did have Polo Grounds at one point, but could never stand playing at it unless I needed to hit home runs(and even then I sold it before the bulk of those challenges came up)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What is your "Home Stadium"?

My team lives at Laughing Mountain Park, but I can't really tell you why. I do enjoy the super deep alleys that result in triples if the outfielders even remotely make a mistake.

But really, I don't feel right putting my Bears into someone else's real life stadium, so I keep using that one. I might play at the Polo Grounds if I wasn't a cheapskate who didn't want to pay for it. The Polo Grounds are the only "classic" stadium I don't own, sadly. (I'm not counting the "modern" classic stadiums which were mostly garbage...the Metrodome? Gag.)
Old 06-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

TheCoastIsBen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverZeppo
My team lives at Laughing Mountain Park, but I can't really tell you why. I do enjoy the super deep alleys that result in triples if the outfielders even remotely make a mistake.

But really, I don't feel right putting my Bears into someone else's real life stadium, so I keep using that one. I might play at the Polo Grounds if I wasn't a cheapskate who didn't want to pay for it. The Polo Grounds are the only "classic" stadium I don't own, sadly. (I'm not counting the "modern" classic stadiums which were mostly garbage...the Metrodome? Gag.)
Funny lol the metronome is my "home" stadium. I grew up in minneapolis watching the twinkies at the dome so its more sentimental than anything.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I switch between Sportsmans Park and the Rangers stadium. I've tried the Metrodome a couple times, but it seems whenever I play there I just get killed for whatever reason.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

I've actually taken to playing at Shea. Maybe one day they'll finally add an expansion mode which adds generic "MLB" Stadiums, or a create a stadium feature. It was a great part of MVP 05

Sent from my VS986 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoastIsBen
Funny lol the metronome is my "home" stadium. I grew up in minneapolis watching the twinkies at the dome so its more sentimental than anything.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
I totally get the sentimentality part of that. I grew up in Milwaukee County Stadium, and while I rationally know it was an ugly garbage dump I'd still play every game in it if it was in this game.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

I try and change it up as often as possible so no one stadium becomes dry, but when I find myself in a slump in online play I have a few I go to. Busch Stadium because I am familiar with it being from STL, love the look of Kauffman and PNC parks. As for classic stadiums I like Sportsman Park and old Yankee Stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #8
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

I'm rebuilding my team currently. The rebuild is to maximize home field advantage. I wanna stick with old miami, so i figure to maximize speed and fielding ability as I use silver players based off principle. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »