Home

Diamond Dynasty Update: All-Star Summer Showdown Event

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Update: All-Star Summer Showdown Event within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Diamond Dynasty Update: All-Star Summer Showdown Event

Starting at 3 p.m. EST a new event called the All-Star Summer Showdown will go live. The hook for this event is that you can only use AL pitchers and NL hitters. These will be 3-inning games, no Diamond players are allowed, and your team overall has to be a 78 overall or below. The event will run until July 6.

The big rewards for this event are as follows:
  • 12-win streak: All-Star Nolan Ryan (96 overall)
  • 40 cumulative wins: All-Star Evan Longoria (96)
  • 9-win streak: All-Star James Shields (89)
  • 25 cumulative wins: All-Star Jay Bruce (86)
So if you do rack up enough wins, these rewards should help you with the Felix Hernandez and Ryne Sandberg Programs as well. In addition to the new event, everyone should be receiving double XP and Tickets for completing games until July 4. Lastly, when this event goes live, you should presumably see a mission in the Events tab that will end up with you getting one random All-Star Series player in a pack of cards.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Dynasty Update: All-Star Summer Showdown Event

Well damn. No wonder my IV Nolan is dropping in price
Old 07-01-2017, 01:23 AM   #3
Rookie

dplpbbp's Arena

Right, 78 overall. The guy I just played had an all-80+ lineup. Back to Conquest, I guess.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplpbbp
Right, 78 overall. The guy I just played had an all-80+ lineup. Back to Conquest, I guess.
Yes I had so much trouble putting a line up together and ended up with just 4 gold players total and I had a crap starting staff and bench. My first and only game the guy had 6 gold players in his starting line up and ran out 3 more gold relievers and aside from his starting pitcher I never saw anything less than silver. The game was a home run fest as well. 3 innings he hit 4 I hit 3. I try and like the events so I can at least close out the Diamond mission for event wins but it's so hard to get into and the line ups other people get away with baffle me.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 2

It's possible to get a lot of high rated players if you build your team right. First pick 3 relievers you want. Make the rest of your relievers commons. Odds are you'll never need more than 3. Then add in the lineup that you want. Find a really fast common for pinch running on your bench and add 2 platoon type guys that mash from only one side of the plate for pinch hitting. Rookie Aranado and IV Killabrew for example. Then fill out the rest of your bench with commons. Next finish your SP. these matter the least so I usually go with rookies of good pitchers like Sabathia and Cueto as they're usually decent for 1 inning even with their lower ratings.

Boom now you have a lineup that LOOKS to be highly rated but because of extremely low rated back end bench players it balances out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Decided to try again and you can get a pretty good team. Still not a fan of this event because most of the teams are the same and I keep losing 1-0 on solo home runs off pitches out of the zone.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I'm up to 21 wins with my mainly switch hitting team. 40 wins would put me up to a 100 event wins overall, so I figure it's meant to be. Up to 65 swtich hits as well, so the Wizard should be mine by the time I get there I reckon.

Not a fan of the event though, really dull. Same teams every time and nothing original about it. I really liked the leftys v righties event, that was genuinely different gameplay, this is just forcing everyone to use the same players. Oh look it's Starling Marte, Charlie Blackmon and Osuna again, with Dee Gordon leading off. Yawn
Old 07-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 27

Hunter Strickland, Matt Bush and Justin Wilson in every bullpen. Had a guy use Strickland for 5 innings yesterday. Total cheese garbage.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »