Home

Pitch speed

This is a discussion on Pitch speed within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Pitch speed

Looking for input. I have games where it is basically impossible to keep a ball fair with hitters that aren't "pull" hitters. Does anyone else feel like the timing window for the other hitters is too far behind the pull hitters? Is it a directional thing that I am always just foul on balls going the other way?

I can pull inside pitches with Mesoraco (extreme pull) and Kang (pull)...can't do that at all with Goldy pretty much can't hit inner half pitches at all. It's like his bat is stuck in the mud. JD Martinez is about right as a normal pull hitter for me as I go up the middle a lot with him. Is it wonky? Is it just stances affecting swings? Is it just me?

Other thing is pitch speed inconsistency. I am somewhat confused as to why on an 84 mph slider I have too wait forever to swing and on an 84 mph curveball I am way behind and I am lucky to keep them fair. I can't remember the pitcher right now but he had both. Does anyone else notice that? I don't think it is consistent either as some pitchers curveballs do not do that.

I guess it could be my internet....just want to see if anyone else sees this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pitch speed

The pitcher may have different release points on the pitches that makes one look faster than the other.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 AM   #3
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pitch speed

The more I play I am convinced there is something going on. I am going to get a monitor and if that doesn't change it I will be back to playing offline only on my RTTS and Franchise with pitch speed turned down.

I finally pulled a curveball with Goldy for a homerun. i guessed and swung as soon as it left the pitchers hand. It still went to left center. If I did that with a "pull" hitter I would missed it from being way too early.

Something with player swings is not consistent. It's like Goldy is incapable of bringing his hands in and reaching an inside pitch.

Take Kang, Mesoraco, Martinez....no issue. I hit inside pitches with them when I think I am fooled. No chance with Goldy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »