Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #1449
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What are you working on thread

I just purchased NBA 2K19 for $27 on Black Friday, so that time has come - when I close out of MLB The Show for 2018.

I have to say, with this being my first full year playing DD, there were definitely things I liked, and things I really didn't like. Some of the decisions made when it comes to content drops were odd, and the Finest card implementation still boggles my mind. Immortals and the 125 attribute cap were quite controversial, but I didn't mind some of the programs and grinds. It was a mixed bag, to say the least.

That said, DD felt fresh to me, compared to Franchise mode, which is getting to be quite stale with its limited updates each year.

At this point, I think I will hop back into The Show 18 near the 2019 baseball season, as I am not planning on getting 19 (unless major work is done to the offline game modes).

Cheers!
Old 12-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #1450
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not sure if anyone will reply... but I just got back into the Show... baseball fever finally got to me. I have done a fairly decent amount but have not played in probably 3 months. Jumped on and got the challenge for diamond Mejia done and working through the playoffs stuff, on Arcia now.. what are some programs that aren't going to take me a decade to do that I can do in my spare time till March? Not a hardcore player, but wanna be working towards something in DD. I also began some rising stars stuff and have about half of Tyler O'Neill done.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #1451
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwebb48
Not sure if anyone will reply... but I just got back into the Show... baseball fever finally got to me. I have done a fairly decent amount but have not played in probably 3 months. Jumped on and got the challenge for diamond Mejia done and working through the playoffs stuff, on Arcia now.. what are some programs that aren't going to take me a decade to do that I can do in my spare time till March? Not a hardcore player, but wanna be working towards something in DD. I also began some rising stars stuff and have about half of Tyler O'Neill done.
I personally feel the Postseason and Future Stars programs were the best things they did all year in DD. I would do those for sure, especially because they factor into getting Immortals.

As far as all the other stuff goes, be prepared to log a lot of time and spend a lot of stubs for souvenirs to exchange to complete the career arcs, Immortals, etc. Some of the grinds for player missions are really long...try to double or triple up on getting things done to maximize your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #1452
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I personally feel the Postseason and Future Stars programs were the best things they did all year in DD. I would do those for sure, especially because they factor into getting Immortals.

As far as all the other stuff goes, be prepared to log a lot of time and spend a lot of stubs for souvenirs to exchange to complete the career arcs, Immortals, etc. Some of the grinds for player missions are really long...try to double or triple up on getting things done to maximize your time.
Yeah my current lineup is strictly stuff needed for stats, it's how I got Mejia in 1 game with the 5 catcher hits. Had 5 catchers playing lol I enjoy the postseason grind so far, I quickly perused the easier ones and started with those. I did miss the game for sure. Had a blast last night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #1453
Rookie

On the Winker challenge for O'neill, seems daunting, failed multiple times last night. Just need 2 HR's and 1 RBI with Mejia to have his program done. got Adames half done and need 2 more hits to get Robles! forgot how much I enjoyed the grind of this game.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:17 PM   #1454
MVP

OVR: 2

Barry Larkin’s final card might kill me. That and Chase Utley. They are both entering Daniel Nava territory.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #1455
Rookie

I have needed just 1 HR with Mejia for like a week and can'tan't get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #1456
MVP

ph33's Arena

I'm weak. I need my brothers to help me. December ain't even done yet and I'm already thinking about the pre-order for next year's game (Last year, I surprisingly was able to hold off until a month after release)

I need to remember how much the game annoyed me....at the same time, I'm not sure WTF else I'm going to play when late March/summer rolls around. This is one of those games where as much as things annoyed me and pissed me off, I found myself going back to...I guess it's a comfort zone thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »