Home

What are you working on thread

This is a discussion on What are you working on thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #1457
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I'm weak. I need my brothers to help me. December ain't even done yet and I'm already thinking about the pre-order for next year's game (Last year, I surprisingly was able to hold off until a month after release)

I need to remember how much the game annoyed me....at the same time, I'm not sure WTF else I'm going to play when late March/summer rolls around. This is one of those games where as much as things annoyed me and pissed me off, I found myself going back to...I guess it's a comfort zone thing.
I got an alpha invite, the game feels pretty much the exact same, granted Ive only played a few games. Contact hitters feel a bit better but it seems like power was sapped from everyone.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #1458
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Also, the deciding factor in nearly every game you play is which team is allowed to hit home runs and which team is stuck hitting the ball to the warning track.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #1459
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

I believe MLB19 is a shiney new MLB18. I seen NOTHING new. Alpha is boring.... New card pics. Wow. LOL.

At this point I'd say pass on the new game. Someone is getting lazy like EA big time !!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #1460
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Also, the deciding factor in nearly every game you play is which team is allowed to hit home runs and which team is stuck hitting the ball to the warning track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf0255
I believe MLB19 is a shiney new MLB18. I seen NOTHING new. Alpha is boring.... New card pics. Wow. LOL.

At this point I'd say pass on the new game. Someone is getting lazy like EA big time !!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Great, the game sounds exactly the same. My other friends that got an alpha invite said the fielding is still terrible. Not sure I want to put myself through that again.

As for off-field stuff, you know what I need to do before the next game comes out? Open a ton of packs. I randomly decided to open a 20 the other day, didn't get a single gold. And this was after I spent north of 300k in stubs on those Show's Finest packs and didn't come away with anything.

but man. I'll be tested around release. I'm so used to getting this and having it be *the* game until August/September, usually, but I need to just occupy myself with other things more worthy of my time if things hold up.

Last edited by ph33; 12-17-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #1461
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Great, the game sounds exactly the same. My other friends that got an alpha invite said the fielding is still terrible. Not sure I want to put myself through that again.

As for off-field stuff, you know what I need to do before the next game comes out? Open a ton of packs. I randomly decided to open a 20 the other day, didn't get a single gold. And this was after I spent north of 300k in stubs on those Show's Finest packs and didn't come away with anything.

but man. I'll be tested around release. I'm so used to getting this and having it be *the* game until August/September, usually, but I need to just occupy myself with other things more worthy of my time if things hold up.
I saw no new fielding animations, everyone still takes their sweet old time doing everything. I was expecting more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #1462
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I saw no new fielding animations, everyone still takes their sweet old time doing everything. I was expecting more.
so we're totally not getting this game in solidarity, right? lo

well **** it I'll probably get it. I just won't buy packs this year, oh my god 450 straight packs with no diamonds wtf

Last edited by ph33; 12-20-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:38 PM   #1463
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
so we're totally not getting this game in solidarity, right? lo

well **** it I'll probably get it. I just won't buy packs this year, oh my god 450 straight packs with no diamonds wtf
First pack of alpha i got a diamond, I laughed and then deleted the alpha a few minutes later. BTW, half off packs are live in 18, just dont sell your cards at the same time as me haha.

Ill probably get it but no preorder for me and Ill try to buy second hand in april/may so they make no money off me. Like you said its really the only game out in the spring/summer.

Last edited by mikeq672; 12-22-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #1464
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

5 50 bundles since they were reduced to half off, 5 golds, no diamonds. Its hilarious how awful pack odds are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »