Home

Best Budget Players

This is a discussion on Best Budget Players within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best Budget Players

Curious which cheap, silver or below players you guys have had success with. For me, there's four that stand above the rest:

SS Silver Paul DeJong (1,200 stubs) - I was consistently mashing home runs with him before Ian Desmond took his spot. Something about his stance seems to make me wait back more than I do with others. His hitting stats are fantastic for a silver

1B Silver Edwin Encarnacion (600-800 stubs) - I'm definitely going to get his Diamond card at some point. The silver is a home run machine. Yesterday I hit two home runs with him IN ONE INNING...and that was on Legend difficulty

C Bronze Alex Avila (100 stubs) - His power numbers don't look great, but I've hit a lot of home runs with him, and he's actually still in my lineup even after completing Conquest.

RP Bronze Trevor Rosenthal (100 stubs) - He throws straight gas and has 99 break. Can hit 100 on the gun, and has a circle change and a good slider. Dominates right-handed hitters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: Best Budget Players

My lineup is mostly gold and diamond now. But I still have Conforto and Story on my bench. They both mash homers, especially Conforto, righty killer. Kurt Suzuki at catcher was great for me for a while until I got diamond Torre. Matt Carpenter mashes too.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Paul DeJong is an absolute stud for me. Constantly gets on base, and rarely makes mistakes
77 Yasmani Grandal did wonders for me when I was doing the Dodgers challenges. Constantly got extra base hits when I needed them
IV Sean Rodriguez did a lot for me, but i think that's a card where YMMV. Justin Bour is also really good if you need a power bat
Cesar Hernandez might be the quintessential budget card for me. Excellent leadoff card
Martin Prado is great for me almost all the time since he rakes against lefties. If he's not starting he's a good bench piece
Rhys Hoskins might not be budget soon, but he's a monster hitting the ball, Cheaper option is Matt Kemp
The Rookie Matt Kemp from Conquest is a good one as well, same with the free Larry Doby
Never really found a good RF, so I stuck with Hunter Renfroe though

As for SP, all the program SP that aren't Chris Volstad have done well
Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Rake Lamb.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 2

I guess I should go get Joey Gallo? Dude is on every single team I face and hits bombs all over the yard on pitches all over and even out of the zone like he’s Prime Vlad. I don’t know if the power attribute is over powered, they made the PCI WAY to big this year or it’s the complete uselessness of the fastball. But every single power hitter plays like Babe Ruth this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I guess I should go get Joey Gallo? Dude is on every single team I face and hits bombs all over the yard on pitches all over and even out of the zone like he’s Prime Vlad. I don’t know if the power attribute is over powered, they made the PCI WAY to big this year or it’s the complete uselessness of the fastball. But every single power hitter plays like Babe Ruth this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
All of those things, theyve slowly ruined how this game plays. Anytime a game introduces a card collecting game, I swear theres like a 3 year plan to try and eliminate any skill gap to encourage everyone to buy stubs or whatever the in game currency might be.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #7
Rookie

It's a lot of good cards in this game tbh. I just pick up pretty much everyone I had for last year.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

bamabravesfan's Arena

Jake Lamb, Trevor Story, and Corey Dickerson are pretty much unstoppable for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »