Home

What is diamond dynasty?

This is a discussion on What is diamond dynasty? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 PM   #9
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What is diamond dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Sounds like it's primarily designed to play it online, unfortunately probably mostly against random tools and knobs. If there was a more compelling offline version of it, I would possibly be interested in giving it a try.
I play almost exclusively offline...either in "Play the CPU" games or in Conquest mode. I really like Conquest and think the rewards are worth getting. And doing the Play the CPU games counts toward all missions pretty much, so there are ways to enjoy the mode without ever playing another person online.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2018, 01:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm new to the game/mode and am loving it so far. I play almost exclusively offline....partly because I am still learning and not good enough to challenge more experienced guys online.....but also because I've found in all 3 games that I've played online that all I got pitched to me were low curveballs/sliders (which I need to learn how to hit)....and the opponent was always pulling some kind of shenanigans. Gonna enjoy playing offline for a while and then maybe venture back online when I am more established at gameplay.

I guess I'm what I'm saying (and agreeing with the previous responder) is that it isn't exclusively an online mode and you can certainly enjoy it offline.

I'm enjoying the collecting aspect of it and the challenge of building my team as good as possible without spending any $$. Interested to see how far I can take it.

Cheers
MD4
Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 AM   #11
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktheproblem
If you choose your pitch at a certain point in the practice swing, it interrupts and stops it. I can't say exactly when, but you get a feel for it and it's easy to do. If I had to guess it's about 3/4 of a second into it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
This is only half true. You can only interrupt it after the first pitch. One practice swing per at bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
This is only half true. You can only interrupt it after the first pitch. One practice swing per at bat.
You are correct. Forgot about that part of it.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:48 AM   #13
Rookie

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the jersey numbers of your DD squad? It seems to just randomly adjust the jersey numbers when you acquire new player cards. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillyvick14
Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the jersey numbers of your DD squad? It seems to just randomly adjust the jersey numbers when you acquire new player cards. Thanks for your help!
I'm pretty sure you can't edit them for anything but your custom player. Each player will wear their actual jersey number from real life. Throwback and legend cards will wear whatever number they had that year.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktheproblem
I'm pretty sure you can't edit them for anything but your custom player. Each player will wear their actual jersey number from real life. Throwback and legend cards will wear whatever number they had that year.

Ok thank you, that makes sense. I thought I had two players with the same number and that would be why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 02:17 AM   #16
Rookie

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is also no but is there any way to play diamond dynasty games in manager mode? I believe you can play in manager mode in franchise but I haven't been able to in DD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »