Home

Diamond Dynasty Created Players Attributes CAN go over 99

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty Created Players Attributes CAN go over 99 within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Diamond Dynasty Created Players Attributes CAN go over 99

I thought this deserved a thread of its own --- was discussed in another thread but didn't want it to be hidden.

Found this on reddit, there ARE some stats that allow you to go above 99 (Even if it doesn't show? hmmm) but in any case, here it is..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/...cap_equipment/

Quote:
Victor_SDS [score hidden] 4 hours ago
Apologies for that, oversight on my part. I thought it was already mentioned in a stream but in hindsight I should have just reiterated anyway.

The stats that can go over 99 are:

hitting - contact, power, vision, disc, clutch

pitching - sta, h/9, k/9, bb/9, hr/9, clutch
My dream of a catcher with 110 power is still alive!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: Diamond Dynasty Created Players Attributes CAN go over 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I thought this deserved a thread of its own --- was discussed in another thread but didn't want it to be hidden.

Found this on reddit, there ARE some stats that allow you to go above 99 (Even if it doesn't show? hmmm) but in any case, here it is..

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/...cap_equipment/

My dream of a catcher with 110 power is still alive!!!
Good to know thanks. On another CAP note once you unlock the first focus upgrade you need to grind stats with your player plus another requirement has you grind an insane amount of stats using specific players you need to buy if you don’t have them. For my 2nd basemen it’s Altuve, Murphy, Lamahieu, and Pedroia. That’s it. Don’t want to derail the thread on this but I just thought you should know moving forward with your CAP.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Good to know thanks. On another CAP note once you unlock the first focus upgrade you need to grind stats with your player plus another requirement has you grind an insane amount of stats using specific players you need to buy if you don’t have them. For my 2nd basemen it’s Altuve, Murphy, Lamahieu, and Pedroia. That’s it. Don’t want to derail the thread on this but I just thought you should know moving forward with your CAP.
Wow, thanks

at the bolded. wow. I guess I gotta hold onto Perez and Contreras, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy Gary Sanchez and I don't have him......ugh

Hold on. I read that again. You're telling me you have to use Altuve!?!? Or is the list of players just players you can use for that mission?

For me, most expensive live catcher is Posey, that's not a problem. But if you had to get Altuve in order to unlock the second focus, that would be absolutely ridiculous

Last edited by ph33; 05-14-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Wow, thanks

at the bolded. wow. I guess I gotta hold onto Perez and Contreras, but I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy Gary Sanchez and I don't have him......ugh

Hold on. I read that again. You're telling me you have to use Altuve!?!? Or is the list of players just players you can use for that mission?

For me, most expensive live catcher is Posey, that's not a problem. But if you had to get Altuve in order to unlock the second focus, that would be absolutely ridiculous
No, theres a group of 4, usually only one is diamond. Im currently using McCann, Perez, and Contreras to get 42 hits, like 12 hrs, some doubles, and 15 assists. Not bad. I have Sal Perez playing second for the assists haha.

Sanchez was the fourth guy in that group but I figured the 3 was enough. Thats for the first power diamond.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:47 AM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
No, theres a group of 4, usually only one is diamond. Im currently using McCann, Perez, and Contreras to get 42 hits, like 12 hrs, some doubles, and 15 assists. Not bad. I have Sal Perez playing second for the assists haha.

Sanchez was the fourth guy in that group but I figured the 3 was enough. Thats for the first power diamond.

doesn’t sound bad, I’m definitely going on rookie and peppering the entire infield with catchers lol, but I’m not going to bother with sanchez’s overpriced ***

so you are about to get an 85 right? second diamond gets you to 89? let me know the requirements when you get it. I still have 90 innings before I get my 82 player

also, is reaction time relevant to how quickly a catcher makes the throw?

Last edited by ph33; 05-15-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 07:30 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Wow, thanks

You can use any of them on the list. I’m not buying Altuve. Sorry because this subject kind of derailed your thread a little bit.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #7
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
You can use any of them on the list. I’m not buying Altuve. Sorry because this subject kind of derailed your thread a little bit.
Nah it's all good, important stuff to know. This thread won't last long anyways lol. Just more of a PSA to my diamond dynasty brethren
Old 05-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
doesn’t sound bad, I’m definitely going on rookie and peppering the entire infield with catchers lol, but I’m not going to bother with sanchez’s overpriced ***

so you are about to get an 85 right? second diamond gets you to 89? let me know the requirements when you get it. I still have 90 innings before I get my 82 player

also, is reaction time relevant to how quickly a catcher makes the throw?
No I already have the 85. so this working towards the 89. I have no idea, I havent had an issue with Perez playing second if thats what youre referring to tho, cant turn a DP obviously but everything else is fine. He double pumps a lot but I still get every out, and when its a fast runner he always throws it right away, which I feel like is something the game wouldnt want but whatever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »