Home

OMG fix your game already!!!!!

This is a discussion on OMG fix your game already!!!!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #9
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OMG fix your game already!!!!!

Look at the patch notes....they increased the chance of better PCI contact left and right. What about Center of the damn plate? All this did was continue to aid people who swing at everything. A pitch straight down the heart of the plate with good timing and PCI is still an out 90% of the time. Ridiculous. Why is it so hard? Do they not understand the sport or physics? Well timed swings at pitches right over the plate should have a high hit ratio and pitches out of the zone should have less hit ratio....it’s that simple... I’m like a broken record but hitting is completely backwards and patient hitters are punished.
The fielding another whole mess of random idiocy.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #10
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Look at the patch notes....they increased the chance of better PCI contact left and right. What about Center of the damn plate? All this did was continue to aid people who swing at everything. A pitch straight down the heart of the plate with good timing and PCI is still an out 90% of the time. Ridiculous. Why is it so hard? Do they not understand the sport or physics? Well timed swings at pitches right over the plate should have a high hit ratio and pitches out of the zone should have less hit ratio....it’s that simple... I’m like a broken record but hitting is completely backwards and patient hitters are punished.
The fielding another whole mess of random idiocy.
Thats another thing, you guys always mention these people that swing at everything? I dont think Ive played anyone like that for 2+years in this game. Everyone I play is the most patient hitter on the face of the earth because theyre very clearly just sitting in strike zone batting view(which I will continue to say is one of the worst things that ever happened to this game online).

Changeup right at the knees. Take.
Slider just barely off the plate(or even on the corner). Take

I constantly sit there and paint corners and just watch people take pitch after pitch, half of which are balls because of the random strike zone. Dont even get me started on perfect releases that this game sends nowhere near where I aim. Those are the best.

I got my once monthly reminder of why I play this game less and less and completely avoid online play. I give up 3 runs on 2 hits on a 3 run homer on a ball 6 inches above the strike zone and get shutout with my 5-6 hits and 5-6 balls to the warning track.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Thats another thing, you guys always mention these people that swing at everything? I dont think Ive played anyone like that for 2+years in this game. Everyone I play is the most patient hitter on the face of the earth because theyre very clearly just sitting in strike zone batting view(which I will continue to say is one of the worst things that ever happened to this game online).

Changeup right at the knees. Take.
Slider just barely off the plate(or even on the corner). Take

I constantly sit there and paint corners and just watch people take pitch after pitch, half of which are balls because of the random strike zone. Dont even get me started on perfect releases that this game sends nowhere near where I aim. Those are the best.

I got my once monthly reminder of why I play this game less and less and completely avoid online play. I give up 3 runs on 2 hits on a 3 run homer on a ball 6 inches above the strike zone and get shutout with my 5-6 hits and 5-6 balls to the warning track.
That’s annoying too. You have some bad luck because I would say my games are:
50% swing at everything.
30% normal
20% ridiculous patient
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 2

I swing at everything haha

I played two games since the latest patch and I dunno it seems better to me. Less weak contact on squared up balls. More line drives vs squib hits. And the double plays are way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-07-2018, 10:31 PM   #13
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Literally the worst part of the game for me.

I personally am hitting fine post patch in my three event games. I don't swing at everything but yep there are times I square up balls right off the plate.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I notice no difference with the patch. Just lost my 4th straight RS game all 1-0. This guy had the worst plate discipline to date and I struck him out 14 times in the game. I gave up 1 hit which was a Sinker way outside but somehow he drilled it over the wall. In reality a batter would probably fall over the plate trying to swing at a pitch like that but not in this game. As usual my well timed swings on fat pitches resulted in weak grounders and pop outs. Stepping away for a bit because it’s simply not fun playing this game anymore
Old 06-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #15
Just started!

Glad it’s not just me - I had a win percentage of about .600 so I’m not good, but not terrible, and I just logged in and played a few for the first time in forever and thought I’d forgotten how to play. Glad it’s not just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #16
MVP

Syce's Arena

my last 4 games, i couldnt score a single run in any of those games. my last 2, my opponent scored on a error and the other one we played to 17 innings then called a friendly quit and the score was 0-0
Toronto Maple Leafs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »