Home

What is your longest Conquest game?

This is a discussion on What is your longest Conquest game? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your longest Conquest game?

I just finished up a Marathon game in Conquest. 15 innings. FIFTEEN! I won 1-0. I got 10 hits, allowed the CPU 9 hits. I had to pinch hit with one of my starting pitchers in the 11th just to have him work a couple innings. Offensively I was smashing line drives, but right at fielders most of the time. Similar for the CPU, though not as much solid contact.

One thing this demonstrates again, zero pitcher stamina in offline modes doesn't have a huge effect.

Though this was just on Veteran difficulty for a Steal fans phase. It felt like I was playing on Hall of Fame difficulty batting. Usually if I play a turn with Veteran difficulty, I can knock out 6-8 hits and 4 or so runs on average in the 3 inning games. Sometimes more (10+ hits and 8+ runs), sometimes less (4 or less hits, 1 or 2 runs). When I struggle like this offensively, in any mode, it is usually a good sign that I should step away from the game for a day or two.

Anybody have any marathon Conquest games like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Pro

Re: What is your longest Conquest game?

Played a Hall of Fame Conquest game against the Reds that went 12 innings. I won that one, but it felt like a massive waste because I could have knocked out four games in that time. Still, better than losing!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I just finished up a Marathon game in Conquest. 15 innings. FIFTEEN! I won 1-0. I got 10 hits, allowed the CPU 9 hits. I had to pinch hit with one of my starting pitchers in the 11th just to have him work a couple innings. Offensively I was smashing line drives, but right at fielders most of the time. Similar for the CPU, though not as much solid contact.

One thing this demonstrates again, zero pitcher stamina in offline modes doesn't have a huge effect.

Though this was just on Veteran difficulty for a Steal fans phase. It felt like I was playing on Hall of Fame difficulty batting. Usually if I play a turn with Veteran difficulty, I can knock out 6-8 hits and 4 or so runs on average in the 3 inning games. Sometimes more (10+ hits and 8+ runs), sometimes less (4 or less hits, 1 or 2 runs). When I struggle like this offensively, in any mode, it is usually a good sign that I should step away from the game for a day or two.

Anybody have any marathon Conquest games like this?
Their inability to make a stamina system that works even slightly is highly annoying and is why were stuck with this random rotation crap that doesnt work.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:59 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I had an 11 inning Event game but nothing like that in Conquest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Their inability to make a stamina system that works even slightly is highly annoying and is why were stuck with this random rotation crap that doesnt work.

Thank those who exploited DD a few years back by saving their ace for H2H and using the rest of the rotation against CPU. Pretty sure this is the main reason why we have the random rotation.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

Thank those who exploited DD a few years back by saving their ace for H2H and using the rest of the rotation against CPU. Pretty sure this is the main reason why we have the random rotation.
it's still inexplicable not to have the option to select your starter for offline DD games. I mean, there's absolutely no reason not to have that.

As for my longest game, I believe it was 11 innings on Rookie. I swear, I have way more consistent offense on Veteran and All Star than i do Rookie.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »