Home

DD Pro Suggestions?

This is a discussion on DD Pro Suggestions? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question DD Pro Suggestions?

What are some of you "better" players like changing or tweaking to make DD the best experience for you? Is there a camera angle thats better over the others? Are you an analog or directional hitter? And which is better? Same goes for pitchers.

Just trying to get some good suggestions going for players that might be new or newer and that might want to know what are some good things to test in DD for the new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: DD Pro Suggestions?

I am strictly an offline DD (and franchise) player and from that perspective - and I think it spills over into online, stick with what you like. Stick with the camera you love, stick with the interfaces you love. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play the game, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

That said, I do understand the potential that meter pitching online can be a bit more challenging due to possible lag. It seems like a LOT of guys playing online (from what I've watched on Twitch) use Analog pitching.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I am strictly an offline DD (and franchise) player and from that perspective - and I think it spills over into online, stick with what you like. Stick with the camera you love, stick with the interfaces you love. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to play the game, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

That said, I do understand the potential that meter pitching online can be a bit more challenging due to possible lag. It seems like a LOT of guys playing online (from what I've watched on Twitch) use Analog pitching.
ya most people who stream DD, usually Analog pitch and use Strike Zone Camera for hitting.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 03-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

Yeah I started out using Strike Zone 3 last night. Switched to strike zone and it was much easier to hit with, I just don't like not being able to see the batter(or most of him.) That being said I may go back to it if I keep struggling with strike zone 3.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

I use strike zone for hitting, along with the zone tool. Using directional hitting is only going to get you so far. I used that back in 15-16 and I found once I started getting to the higher levels and pitchers weren't making mistakes over the middle, I couldn't hit. I spent most of 17 trying to get good at hitting using zone.

It's pretty easy for me to tell when I'm facing someone using that, because they never square up pitches on the corners. If you're getting swings and weak pop ups, or weak grounders when you're working the edges than you're up against a directional hitter (because they don't have the same bat control)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Exactly this. Dont listen to others who are saying that you have to use strikezone as cam and that its better then anything else, same goes for analog pitching, wich is also false thats its better. There is no better, it all depends what works for you. Me as a player wants to see the whole field. I play fisheye and use classic pitching and it works the best for me. I can see the ball perfectly, better when I use strikezone, cause thats ****...excuse my language, but im dutch and direct to the point. Analog pitching isn't my thing, I pitch way better on classic or meter. Played an online match yesterday with strikezone and analog pitching and got hammered with 12-3 in BR...Ouch. It's not my thingy...hate it. Next match with my favo settings was much better.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol1967
Exactly this. Dont listen to others who are saying that you have to use strikezone as cam and that its better then anything else, same goes for analog pitching, wich is also false thats its better. There is no better, it all depends what works for you. Me as a player wants to see the whole field. I play fisheye and use classic pitching and it works the best for me. I can see the ball perfectly, better when I use strikezone, cause thats ****...excuse my language, but im dutch and direct to the point. Analog pitching isn't my thing, I pitch way better on classic or meter. Played an online match yesterday with strikezone and analog pitching and got hammered with 12-3 in BR...Ouch. It's not my thingy...hate it. Next match with my favo settings was much better.
Yeah I mean you can use whatever settings you want but youre at a fairly significant disadvantage if you dont use the ones that everyone elses uses. I dont use strike zone camera either but it costs me games. I hate the feel of it and I dont think it should be in the game but hitting is harder for me without it
Old 03-29-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Yeah I mean you can use whatever settings you want but youre at a fairly significant disadvantage if you dont use the ones that everyone elses uses. I dont use strike zone camera either but it costs me games. I hate the feel of it and I dont think it should be in the game but hitting is harder for me without it
If I use strikezone...it wil cost me games. I play wayyyyyyy better with fisheye. I can read the ball way better. I can see it better when the pitcher releases the ball, I can see the ball going tot left or right or up and down way better and especially when its outside the zone. It takes practice. What you are saying that its in my disadvantage is false! Its all about wich one suites you the best. There is NO BETTER CAM...Its al about feeling and seeing the ball. I always say...It's all between your EARS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »