Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #1121
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Your contact one probably has more power and a little less fielding?

My CAP fielding focused SS is basically Omar with slightly more power and defense and speed with worse contact. As I've said many times I kind of regret going that route, I'd rather have 4 deadlier plate appearances than the one play every other game he might make that a 90 rated fielder could make too.

I can get on base but my power focused 3b and LF are clearly superior hitters
I picked contact based equipment so the power is fairly similar I think, maybe a bit higher? And the fielding is close but omar probably has the edge, my guy is a diamond though I think, which is all that really matters. Why arm accuracy even exists is a mystery to me, with meter throwing you'd have to be asleep to miss a throw, regardless of player ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #1122
MVP

papadell's Arena

Some were saying smaller PCI and weird speeds and others were saying it still played like all star so who knows lmao

I just thought it was weird
Old 06-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #1123
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Some were saying smaller PCI and weird speeds and others were saying it still played like all star so who knows lmao

I just thought it was weird
My PCI is small as hell for every hitter but pitch speeds seem the same. It conveniently doesnt say anywhere what the difficulty is supposed to be.

Does anyone else always feel like whatever lineup they are playing with, they face a pitcher of the same handedness as most of your lineup?

Last edited by mikeq672; 06-21-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #1124
MVP

papadell's Arena

I still wish they had different divisions for RS based on difficulty instead of forcing people to bounce back and forth.

I think it would be fun to have an AS team set up to just try and mash and then a more competitive team for HOF and Legend
Old 06-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #1125
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Nothing about actually playing this game is fun. Ive played 6 event games and lost 4 of them. 2 I lost 1-0 on a homer while I predictably hit line drives and fly balls everywhere. 2 Ive lost on 3148341 **** hits. There is almost nothing about this game that resembles the actual sport is supposedly portrays.

Literally every play from the moment you start is nearly the opposite of actual baseball. Pitchers perfect release goes nowhere near where he aims. A pitch to a corner is easier to hit than a pitch over the plate but slightly down or up or whatever because of the hitting mechanics. 80% of people dont swing at balls in this game because of their zoomed in hitting camera, despite the fact that 30% of pitches out of the strike zone are swung at in real life this year. Line drives are near constant outs despite players hitting around .650 on line drives in real life. Bloop hits are the best things since sliced bread. Incredibly easy plays are botched by fielders more than a kids tee ball game.

Now gimme my Trout like BigOscar just got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #1126
MVP

papadell's Arena

Me too I want another trout **** this game
Old 06-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #1127
MVP

papadell's Arena

Real talk though, if I distilled down all the issues I have with the game and summarized them it's exactly that:

By the numbers and box score to box score the game looks realistic, but playing the game and what actually happens between the lines is anything but.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #1128
MVP

papadell's Arena

I don't care what anyone says or how often I bitch about it but there is something going on with pitch speeds right now. I've been playing this so much the last couple weeks and now all of a sudden I can't hit anything. I've been playing RS on HOF for a while now and the last week or so has been absolute garbage. I'm very late on a 95 mph fastball but early on a 94 mph cutter. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'm not the greatest player on the planet but Jesus Christ. If I can go on a 12 game winning streak and this stuff doesn't happen and now all of a sudden everything is out of whack then it's more than just me. I'm not saying it's connected. I'm saying that something has to be different because it's like I'm playing a completely different game.

I just played someone using Wood who did NOTHING but throw balls in the dirt. I definitely swung at some bad pitches but I couldn't touch anything in the zone. Late on offspeed and early on fastballs. Every single time. Try to adjust and purposely swing early or later and it's the same result. Like there's no way to properly adjust because it doesn't make sense.

I gave up an early Homer on a changeup buried with good release that went right down the middle. Then swung a pool noodle all game until the 9th when....you guessed it. All of a sudden I tied the game. Don't get me wrong I earned my walks because I walked 6 times in the game. But I also struck out like 15 times. And yet I still tie it in the 9th. I didn't even want to. I wanted the game to end because it wasn't fun.

Said **** it might as well play it out. Scoreless in the 10th. Then give up a Homer again in the 11th which he definitely earned. I was keeping him off balance all game with offspeed and very clearly guessed fastball up and in and that's what I threw. Good for him. No complaints there because he won that at bat.

But this plays like **** on HOF. It's dreadful. Balls in the PCI are 62 mph squibbers. We all know what happens dead center. Then balls not touching the PCI or early/ok contact being 459 foot bombs.

Is this how the game has always been? I swear it was actually enjoyable the first couple months or so. I'll take my lumps all day. I don't expect to win every time. But I go into every game saying ok...just play. It's baseball you know you can't win every game. And something STILL happens that's broken or ****ty and just saps all the fun out of it.

There isn't even a secondary online mode we can play is there? I'm tired of feeling bad after spending more than an hour playing a game. Win or lose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »