Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #6625
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I really hope it's what it sounds like.

I'm waiting for the stream to get fully excited because technically you can grind for every card now. I'm hoping it's a real, tangible change and not just PR wording for new players who might be used to Madden and 2k.
Yea this exactly my though as well.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 05:25 PM   #6626
Pro

OVR: 0

Ramone said on the tease video that they were adding more paths to some of the hardest to get cards (or at least I think he did!), so hopefully that does mean genuine grinds rather than "lol play ranked seasons more."

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 04-14-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #6627
MVP

papadell's Arena

The system is due for a change.

To me, Ranked shouldn't be the grindfest it is. With rewards being so interetwined in the mode with the way it's structured, to me it never felt satisfying to play. Between the aforementioned rating system, inability to register ping and match up with a stable connection and all the gameplay issues; it just felt like a chore to play.

Stubs are king. XP is king. Those two things should allow you to eventually get any card you want. I proposed a long time ago some kind of "tree" system that branches for each team. Where every card that is in the game is part of the tree with a unique path to unlock that card. Or, each card requires x amount of whatever to unlock.

Maybe it's cumulative or team specific, but say to unlock a diamond version of Hank Aaron that isn't tied to collections you have to get x hits, x HR, x RBI etc. So similar to prestige but also tied to affinity missions where you have to do it with Braves players.

Once you earn the required stats with Braves, Aaron becomes available to unlock. BUT. It works like this with every card. So say you really want 99 Chipper Jones that was released in a limited promo pack or something.

You can just unlock him the same way, but when you unlock a card in a Team Tree you have to "cash in" those accrued stats. So, do you want Hank or Chipper?

Once you cash in for one, those stats are taken from your bank and you have to grind up those stats and rinse and repeat for each card and their unique cost.

The best part? As you unlock dope cards for a team, you can then use those cards to help grind towards the next batch of stats and card.

And then players get credit for team stats with every team they played for or something. So Hank can earn stars for Brewers and Braves. But same deal. Once you cash in for a team/card, those stats are washed.

Something like that, to me, would add such an unrivaled level of replayability to this game and I'd lose my mind.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:18 PM   #6628
MVP

I think ws rewards should be hard to get...

But I felt I played alot last year and I beat pretty much every single thing excluding extreme... I also got every card I tried to get outside of gehrig..

With that being said, I have my own business... I don't see how I can realistically play 15-20+ takes per season and do all the other content... I guess that's where you pick or choose what you want to grind.

When an event card came out I wanted like goose, I played event exclusively until I got the card... It really wasn't even fun lol and I think events make me a worse player. I'm less patient and it bleeds to other parts of the game....plus the randomness of pitch speeds

I think if pitch speeds were constant it would allow me to get thru everything quicker regardless of difficulty.

I think the perfect blend is grinding out whatever new cards they give us in Friday's, by about week 2 I had the boss from beating showdown, conquest, etc. I can play in the market or event for week 3 and then when I was ahead of stuff I'd use my new cards for ranked in week 4 for like 5-10 games before the new inning came out. It kept the game fresh for me all year.

I think usually Fridays I'd knock out whatever conquest map they'd give us first thing then open all the new packs... I'd trying to get the team affinity stuff done thru conquest
Old 04-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #6629
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I don't even think it would affect people riding starters. I mean people used SP out of the bullpen all year so in terms of strategic reasoning even that fell short.

I'm all for DH irl and in game. We have no reason to ever use our bench. It becomes the best 4 bats and maybe a speed guy to steal late. Having a DH would at least let us rotate those guys into our starting lineups sometimes.

I would LOVE a stamina system for position players. Then the bench really matters. One of the first teams I grinded for last year was to get Merrifield as a super utility. Only it didn't matter because that flexibility just didn't matter.

Like if I could DH Sheffield and start Mays, Mantle and Aaron and rotate them around the DH while adding a little strategy and variety I would be all over it.

I'm not sure how they would do it with everyday guys but man. I'd be so into that
I think a better system to use would be actual DH cards. Like Edgar, Ortiz, etc etc that are locked like pitchers prior to the game. Whereas you can't have a pitcher start on the field, or a hitter start at pitcher.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-15-2021, 01:15 PM   #6630
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzojoe
I think a better system to use would be actual DH cards. Like Edgar, Ortiz, etc etc that are locked like pitchers prior to the game. Whereas you can't have a pitcher start on the field, or a hitter start at pitcher.

Yeah, if they introduce a DH it should be an actual position that only guys who were/are actually used at DH can play.

Players should just be able to say whether or not their team is AL or NL (as long as they differ). You can change any time but it determines whether or not the DH is in play and your squad must have a DH and no DH lineup.

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 04-15-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:57 PM   #6631
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I will put up the new thread tonight after the Diamond Dynasty feature premiere.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #6632
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzojoe

Or use the new rule in the Atlantic league where you forfeit the DH once you remove your starter. I feel the worst for Harold Baines intro as a Legend - where's he going to play? He's no Reggie...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »