Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 12:49 AM   #729
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Is there any way to move guys defensive positions around mid game? Like if I wanna PH for my CF but then slide my LF to center and put the PH in LF. It should be possible based on the rules but I haven’t found a way to do it in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #730
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Sig Alomar's off to a bit of a slow start with my team, but his first bomb came at a good time. Turned this game around completely after a 5 run outburst over 2 innings against me earlier:

He's put my 2B Contact Focus CAP into retirement, and it was a tough decision to make because after equipment, Alomar's not THAT much better than him. He's got some shoes to fill because that CAP was a fantastic leadoff man.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:11 AM   #731
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Is there any way to move guys defensive positions around mid game? Like if I wanna PH for my CF but then slide my LF to center and put the PH in LF. It should be possible based on the rules but I haven’t found a way to do it in game.

Yeah go to substitutions and then flip the positions on the left side with the batting order (hit x on players you are switching)

Jason Giambi is a god damn beast. Hit both foul poles in a game

Last edited by ph33; 05-30-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 09:49 AM   #732
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Yeah go to substitutions and then flip the positions on the left side with the batting order (hit x on players you are switching)

Jason Giambi is a god damn beast. Hit both foul poles in a game

Thank you sir!

Ichiro has been disappointing so far. Should have gone Giambi I’m making all the wrong decisions lol

Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #733
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Thank you sir!

Ichiro has been disappointing so far. Should have gone Giambi I’m making all the wrong decisions lol

give ichiro a fighting chance, i think he’ll come around

i should actually start approaching players like I am using them for the first time. I become a little reckless at times and try to hit pitches I am not ready for
Old 05-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #734
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So, I've been playing around with creating "Theme teams" this year. Basically, any player who has played at least one game for that franchise at the major league level is eligible (i.e. so Christy Mathewson and his 8 innings pitched for the Reds is eligible for the Reds Theme team).

Now, I haven't touched the traditional USA Conquest Map yet this year and I have decided to embark on a long-term project. I decided to put the "Theme team" concept to work for me since I have quite the collection of cards (all the live series and a ton of flashbacks/legends).

So, what I am going to is this:
1. I'm going to fire-up the full US conquest map. Debating if I will play every game or not. I DO feel like the CPU makes more moves when you sim games, so I may not do this; we'll see.
2. All games will be played at All Star and above (AS is my preferred level and what I always do anyways in Conquest - though if I start running-off a ton of wins, I might move to HOF).
3. Now the piece that intrigues me, the team I use will be a 'theme team' for my opponent's interleague rival (so if I am playing the Cubs, I will use a White Sox 'theme team'). Rivals will be determined based on those defined in-game (the exchange 'missions' in the Team Affinity identifies them).

Why?
Well, first, I've really enjoyed researching the various teams' histories and finding 'sneaky additions' to the theme teams. Second, it's a great way to use all of those cards I have accumulated. The offline DD content is so dry this year (I really miss my stat 'grinds'), that I HAD to do something to keep things a little interesting.

Anyways, I thought I would share in case anyone else here might find it interesting.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #735
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Lol....Won 4 straight to start this RS and I guess the game said that’s enough, time for a loss. Pitched a 1 hitter and my starter only 64 pitches through 8 innings but that 1 hit was followed by the shady wild pitch error combo. First a pitch goes nowhere I aimed it for a wild pitch then on the next pitch a routine fly ball dropped by my diamond fielding CF. *sigh
I had 7 hits not great but I was facing Mad Bum and just kept hitting at”em balls. I only struck out 3 times.

So despite pitching a gem I take the -45 RS points. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #736
MVP

papadell's Arena

Still can't get over the perfect release wild pitches. I'm ok with hanging when I miss on the meter but that **** is maddening. I get it with HW Arrieta more than anyone.

I think the game is punishing me for being stupid. I locked him in towards the HW collection for free packs instead of keeping him unlocked to sell eventually. My thought was he was one of the better available pitchers for a while and that he would always be in my rotation.

I can't throw strikes with the guy and I feel like I've pitched with him more than anyone in my rotation. I don't even think I've gotten to use Blyleven once. I don't really like the randomization.

So our bullpen fatigues but we can run out the same starter 10 times in a row? I wish it just used it in order. Like you go 1-5 and you can't change the rotation until you've thrown with each guy or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »