Home

Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD

This is a discussion on Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #1
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm curious as to what type of players everyone has been getting matched up with, maybe share some less than ideal tactics other players have been employing and strategies combat them.

The main two I have come across the most are in matchmaking in Battle Royale, although people have done this in the past in normal DD.

The first has been players refusing to face a left handed pitcher, obviously due to stacking vs RHP. Or vice versa.

The second has been players drafting one plat/gold pitcher of one handedness and then drafting the other 4 SP's as the opposite handedness. So say I draft Kershaw, I then draft all bronze RHP SP's. Then when I go into the lineup screen if the other player accepts immediately I can assume I got one of my RHP and back out. If I hear them adjusting their lineup I know I got my Kershaw. So you have people playing everyone of their games with their ace which is a huge advantage in BR. To combat this I've set my lineup for facing LHP and adjust when I get a RHP. More work, but less people backing out on me.

Solutions to these might be to have a point of no return in matchmaking where you receive a loss if you back out. And then force players to have a vs RHP and vs LHP lineup and not allow edits before game. Would speed up matchmaking as well I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Annoying/unfair tactics and general cheese in DD

I played a Battle Royale game the other day with a cheeser. We were tied at 1-1. He had a runner on 1st and hits for a double. I fire the ball into second and he keeps running towards third (never stopped) but the guy on third was still there. Right before the ball got to third he sent the runner home to prevent the force. Runner was safe at third but I luckily got the other runner out at home. He ended up taking a 2-1 lead next inning and then brought in Chris Sale. Was a complete joke. Obvious he spams Sale because as soon as Sale came in it said he was tired.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I played a Battle Royale game the other day with a cheeser. We were tied at 1-1. He had a runner on 1st and hits for a double. I fire the ball into second and he keeps running towards third (never stopped) but the guy on third was still there. Right before the ball got to third he sent the runner home to prevent the force. Runner was safe at third but I luckily got the other runner out at home. He ended up taking a 2-1 lead next inning and then brought in Chris Sale. Was a complete joke. Obvious he spams Sale because as soon as Sale came in it said he was tired.

Pitcher stamina resets in BR I believe each game, but maybe you have to warm them up to avoid being immediately tired.

Animation exploiting is still a thing. I've seen people do it most often with the SS/2B and them receiving throws. You can easily score if you just send the runner from third once you see a ball thrown into second base. The SS/2B animation just takes too long to get them out at home. So I always go home unless I know I have the runner at second by a good margin. But even then any off line throw and the runner from 3rd scores since the animation pulling the fielder off the bag won't let you recover and throw home in time.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 04-01-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Pitcher stamina resets in BR I believe, but maybe you have to warm them up to avoid being immediately tired.
I was more pissed about the crap he pulled on the bases than anything else.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Pitcher stamina resets in BR I believe each game, but maybe you have to warm them up to avoid being immediately tired.

Animation exploiting is still a thing. I've seen people do it most often with the SS/2B and them receiving throws. You can easily score if you just send the runner from third once you see a ball thrown into second base. The SS/2B animation just takes too long to get them out at home. So I always go home unless I know I have the runner at second by a good margin. But even then any off line throw and the runner from 3rd scores since the animation pulling the fielder off the bag won't let you recover and throw home in time.
I mean this at least happens in actual baseball games.. if you see a throw through with first and third teams will try and take home and penalize you for throwing it through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPride35
I mean this at least happens in actual baseball games.. if you see a throw through with first and third teams will try and take home and penalize you for throwing it through.

Of course in certain situations, but animations in the game turn routine plays into ones where you can take an extra base. It makes it difficult to make baseball decisions. You have to experience it and make The Show decisions the next time.

Example, runner on first, single up the middle, runner goes 1st to third. Opponent sends runner to second you preload throw to second. Once opponent recognizes animation they send runner home. At this point it's over, the runner will score. You can cancel the throw and throw home. Too late. You can throw to second and then home, no dice.

In the MLB I'm not sure I've every seen a runner on third or base coach recognize the CF's animation and that it will be a throw to 2nd and not home before their arm is even cocked back.

Also outs at first from RF are back. Two issues. First you can straight up throw guys out by 10 feet from mid right field on routine singles. And second, you can throw to the first baseman and jog over and tag runner stuck in rounding animation.

I will try and post videos when I notice these again as this should not happen.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 04-01-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I was more pissed about the crap he pulled on the bases than anything else.

Sounds to me like he screwed up running the bases and then you screwed up even worse, it happens to all of us doesn't really sound that cheesy though.

For some reason when I play the CPU on HOF difficulty I get waaay more stupid baserunning mistakes
Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Sounds to me like he screwed up running the bases and then you screwed up even worse, it happens to all of us doesn't really sound that cheesy though.

For some reason when I play the CPU on HOF difficulty I get waaay more stupid baserunning mistakes

HOF has been broken for years play on all star or legend...I dont know why but the CPU seems to get more BS errors/baserunning errors etc to let them back into the game on HOF than Ive seen any other game difficulty, at least losses on legend dont feel cheap

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »