Home

Old 07-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
New to DD

Im extremely late on the DD front after being a franchise only guy forever. Im working my way through all the moments and programs right now... But my question is this. What's the best/easiest way to do conquest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New to DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
Im extremely late on the DD front after being a franchise only guy forever. Im working my way through all the moments and programs right now... But my question is this. What's the best/easiest way to do conquest?
theres a great video on youtube by Koogs it shows everything you need to do to win conquest easy
Old 07-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

Conquest is simple and easy once you figure it out.

The only holdup is if there is a reward for conquering a team in 1 or 2 turns which forces you to win on All-Star which is tough for some.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5

I am in the exact same boat. Been playing franchise mode since the beginning of time but just now getting into DD. Any tips or links to tips would be super appreciated!
Old 07-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

My "tips" for Conquest would be probably a bit different than what others might suggest. I'm an offline-only guy, so Conquest is a major portion of my "content" - I don't blow through them like a lot of the online guys do. If you're looking to go "no money spent" than I highly recommend patience with these maps.

Before getting into my tips, here is the most basic: read through all the map goals BEFORE starting

This is how I approach Conquest (let me say it again...this is a "maximize offline content" approach, not "get through it easily/quickly" approach:

1. I ALWAYS play at All Star and above. You'll get more XP and better post-game rewards odds. Plus, lower difficulties can get you into VERY bad habits as the CPU throws WAY too many strikes. All Star is the most ratings-balanced difficulty, so you will get much truer outcomes here. If it's too hard for you to the point where you barely win, by all means, drop down. But honestly, really work to get to the point where you're comfortable on AS.
2. Fighting a two-front war is a dicey proposition. Find "chokepoints" where you can stack up the opposing teams from expanding. As long as you keep a sufficient force on that hex (equal or higher number than the opposing force), you should be fine. Hold that point and focus your efforts the other direction. A couple of maps (1st inning - ugh) do not have chokepoints...I concentrate my forces one direction and gain as many hexes as quickly as possible.
3. I always play the "fan stealing" games early-on. They'll allow you to built up your force more quickly.
4. I suggest playing every game where the CPU has a force size greater than 5-ish in a hex; again, especially early-on. Once you hit that "tipping point" where you have overwhelming forces and are just wrapping up, then by all means sim at that point.
5. I like to rotate my starting pitchers, just go 1-5. This not only gives you a little more realism, but it will give you different matchups (breaking-up the monotony a little) and allow you to rack-up some innings with pitchers from other teams.

Remember, the more you play, the more innings you get for Team Affinity. It seems like a mere pittance at first, but it can add up after a while. It's also usually a quick 3000 XP for me for about 10-15 mins. That's NOT a bad ratio at all.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 07-20-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 05:36 PM   #6
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll add some thoughts to Josh's strategy above. I've played quite a bit of Conquest myself.

My strategies are based on the USA (Willie Mays) map, but apply to all.

The first thing I do is try to capture as many free hexes as possible. I won't just surround my home base. I go out to block off the Twins, Royals, and Rockies. I'll form walls, so I can go back and pick up the free hexes later. Those teams won't attack you at first, unless you get into their space directly adjacent to their bases. I block off the Twins first, then to the south, and then I head for the northwest, blocking off the Rockies as I go. Picking up as many free territories as possible allows you to play at a fan advantage and you can play at whatever difficulty you want to in the steal games, and subsequently when conquering strongholds.

Next, I'll go ahead and conquer the Twins. They're pesky and will keep moving toward your stronghold, if you don't. The Cubs and Royals won't bother you much, as long as you maintain a little cushion.

Next, I'll start moving west. Conquer the Rockies, then on to the Mariners. I'll move down through the west, conquering and gaining territories as I go. The eastern teams will just attack each other until you get there, so you don't need to worry about them much. Just make sure the Cubs or Royals aren't making moves toward your stronghold. If they do, use a turn to put them back in their place!

I usually play on Veteran or AS. I sim everything except when attacking strongholds. If you don't have a big advantage simming, just stop and rebuild your advantage in the next turn.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OReilly10's Arena

OVR: 7

Choke points are important. Always try to have at least an equal number of fans on a border hex, the CPU will be discouraged from attacking. Basically I do that and create a "hammer" group that goes into a territory and grabs all the territory.

As mentioned, grab free hexes. Every 3 hexes gives you an extra fan in the reinforcement step

Dont play anything besides the stronghold games.

When you see a team with a lot of large number on hexes (like 8-20). Try to get a decent force in there and try to 'goad' them into attacking you. If your border is well reinforced, those strong groups will dissipate very quickly. You will lose some fans in the attack. Itll usually happen automatically. So park your strong attacking group(s) next to the large opposing groups instead of attacking them. Them attacking your group of 60 with a 20 will be much more devastating to them than you attacking. Also, they may try to attack nearby territories of yours which will make them bleed. Just follow them, attacking '1's with your strong force.

Keep a somewhat decent amount of fans in a stronghold that may be in risk of an attack (like 5-8). Strongholds well into your territory can only have 1 fan.

Their starter corresponds to your starter. So you start your 1st starter, you get their ace. 3rd starter you face their 3rd, and so on.

Dont be afraid to go right into your bullpen after the 1st inning. Stamina/Energy is turfed anyway.

Make sure you look at all the requirements to get all the rewards. Make sure you get 100% of the territory before gaining the last stronghold. Make sure you steal the # of fans required. As mentioned, a few of them require you to conquer a specific territory in the first couple turns

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »