Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2022, 02:54 PM   #153
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
Guess I'll start br after I finish the nation map. I won't get events done by the 8th. Seems crazy they wouldn't extend thst out another week with all the new users coming tmrw. I'd like the soriano
I believe they are "extending" it just with a new Event like they would last year where they keep the rewards track but change the rules.

Also, I think I've settled on only using players in my online lineup that I pull from packs. I won't even use cards I get from programs. Think it's a fun change for my NMS squad.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:22 PM   #154
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I was going to start the mini-seasons grind, but my first two wins counted as losses so I'm done with that mode until it is fixed.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

Finished the USA map today. The sped up sim speed makes this way less of a slog. The menus seem snappier in general too. Too bad the inventory and marketplace interfaces are still quite cumbersome.

I'm a handful of XP away from the first FOTF choice pack (NL Central). I have Votto already, probably going to take Stroman.

I'm six games into my second Mini Season. I restarted about a dozen times to see what kinds of rosters the game chose. Seems like the Whales and Cats are always stacked.

I was just going to horde stubbs until I could afford Trout then work on the Live Series, but I decided to go towards the Cover set. Bought Donaldson and Ohtani but I only currently have 20 000 stubbs left over. If the wide release causes these cards to go up in price, I may sell them back and wait on this collection.

Does anyone have a good strategy for what to flip to make stubbs right now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 06:03 PM   #156
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnTim
I am hoping tomorrow things open up more. I was trying today to finish off AL East, and it just didn’t feel worth it.

To raise money today I cleaned out my duplicates, bought cards cheap to get 20 cards collected for teams and did the mystery conquest.

Got lucky and pulled Altuve, sold him to get Judge, collected Sanchez and pulled Salvador Perez in the pack reward, sold him and bought Sale to finish up AL East and get Moose. Now I don’t know what to do.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:05 PM   #157
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quick question:

Is it worth spending 43,000 stubs to get Adley Rutschman or should I just use my free Mike Piazza? I can afford to buy the cards to get Rutschman, just don't know if it's that worth it. He's only a little better than Piazza.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:16 PM   #158
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Quick question:

Is it worth spending 43,000 stubs to get Adley Rutschman or should I just use my free Mike Piazza? I can afford to buy the cards to get Rutschman, just don't know if it's that worth it. He's only a little better than Piazza.
Id assume after launch the prospect cards go down in price a little since so many people will do nations map and won't have pre-order stubs so may be worth 10-15k to wait till end of week
Old 04-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #159
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Quick question:

Depends entirely on you, really. If you really want Adley then prioritizing him is the best way for you to go. I don't think it's necessarily the best use of stubs right now but it's entirely based on whether you value Adley and plan on using him longterm.

The Prospect cards will get cheaper, they'll continue releasing more and the total cost will get cheaper. You could also do the USA map again and get the Prospect packs again and take the ones you need.

My personal opinion is it's not worth the stubs. Those stubs can be invested elsewhere and turned into even more stubs if you really don't have a use for them right now. Or even better used shoring up other parts of your team if you're looking for improvements. That Piazza should be pretty decent early on.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #160
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnTim
Finished the USA map today. The sped up sim speed makes this way less of a slog. The menus seem snappier in general too. Too bad the inventory and marketplace interfaces are still quite cumbersome.

I'm a handful of XP away from the first FOTF choice pack (NL Central). I have Votto already, probably going to take Stroman.

I'm six games into my second Mini Season. I restarted about a dozen times to see what kinds of rosters the game chose. Seems like the Whales and Cats are always stacked.

I was just going to horde stubbs until I could afford Trout then work on the Live Series, but I decided to go towards the Cover set. Bought Donaldson and Ohtani but I only currently have 20 000 stubbs left over. If the wide release causes these cards to go up in price, I may sell them back and wait on this collection.

Havent flipped today but sat/sun devin williams had about a 350-400 profit and was moving quick and easy. classic stadiums have also had good margins but move slower

taylor rogers (twins lefty) has also been maintaining good margins since prelaunch

initially cody bellinger i was moving alot but passed two days his gap slipped entirely

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »