Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2022, 05:41 PM   #305
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

I understand the parallel xp missions. I do. I am just not sure I am a fan of the Parallel xp missions.

The new ones are by division but I am not sure I can even make a reasonable team for every division yet without heavily diving into commons and bronzes. It's just too early in the cycle for me to have accumulated that many decent players.

I played three conquest games with an all cardinals lineup and earned about 1,500 total PXP. At roughly 500 PXP per game it is 8 games to hit 4,000. Multiple that by 6 divisions and I am looking at 48 three inning games to do those 6 missions, 48 games of playing with players you don't really want to use in the first month to complete 6 missions.

Then, add in the Classic (week 1) missions. Add in the Nike Connect missions. Now add in the new Nationals missions and that is a LOT of PXP grinding. I am not sure how people will have close to the time needed to complete all of those. Of course I guess there are always vs CPU games with the difficulty as low as it can go with the timing swing instead of zone. Just crank out a bunch of HRs and Hits to make it go up faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 05:41 PM   #306
MVP

papadell's Arena

I have such a bad team for this Event haha. I don't know if it's even worth trying to play when I have Austin Hedges as my Catcher. Don't really want to buy cards to play.

Hopefully we do see those Rewind packs sooner.

Probably just gonna work on the Showdown to get my NL West Pack.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:48 PM   #307
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I understand the parallel xp missions. I do. I am just not sure I am a fan of the Parallel xp missions.

The new ones are by division but I am not sure I can even make a reasonable team for every division yet without heavily diving into commons and bronzes. It's just too early in the cycle for me to have accumulated that many decent players.

I played three conquest games with an all cardinals lineup and earned about 1,500 total PXP. At roughly 500 PXP per game it is 8 games to hit 4,000. Multiple that by 6 divisions and I am looking at 48 three inning games to do those 6 missions, 48 games of playing with players you don't really want to use in the first month to complete 6 missions.

Then, add in the Classic (week 1) missions. Add in the Nike Connect missions. Now add in the new Nationals missions and that is a LOT of PXP grinding. I am not sure how people will have close to the time needed to complete all of those. Of course I guess there are always vs CPU games with the difficulty as low as it can go with the timing swing instead of zone. Just crank out a bunch of HRs and Hits to make it go up faster.
I would say it's cool you need to use commons and bronzes for these missions, but I'm also someone who says they should release more bronzes and silvers and golds overall.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:48 PM   #308
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
I have such a bad team for this Event haha. I don't know if it's even worth trying to play when I have Austin Hedges as my Catcher. Don't really want to buy cards to play.
I don’t have the greatest team for it, but they added event wins to the city connect program, so I’ll try to tough it out so I don’t have to do those moments.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:52 PM   #309
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I guess there’s still a lot of quitting in RS, even with the switch to the innings mission. I’m 5-0 and have only played 12 innings.

Edit: make that 7-0 in 14 innings. Score one run and the people just give up.
That’s really disappointing to hear. I thought the switch to innings would help that out.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:54 PM   #310
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Well, You can be earning PXP towards multiple missions at once, so it's not as bad as it seems. Also, I'm not really sure you need to worry about getting them all done. We've still got a few weeks of the program with more conquests coming. We'll all be fine for XP.

Edit: Though yeah, I'm still split on the PXP missions. I think I slightly prefer them to the old specific hits/XBHs/HR/Ks ones.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:57 PM   #311
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I don’t have the greatest team for it, but they added event wins to the city connect program, so I’ll try to tough it out so I don’t have to do those moments.
Like a fool I grinded out the City Connect not even thinking the Event would be based on it.

I'm just gonna do Showdown and then maybe play BR. 3 days with this event and the team I can build sounds subpar fun wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2022, 06:10 PM   #312
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnTim
Well, You can be earning PXP towards multiple missions at once, so it's not as bad as it seems. Also, I'm not really sure you need to worry about getting them all done. We've still got a few weeks of the program with more conquests coming. We'll all be fine for XP.

Edit: Though yeah, I'm still split on the PXP missions. I think I slightly prefer them to the old specific hits/XBHs/HR/Ks ones.
True, I guess doing the Nationals mission also gets you through a chunk of the NL East. I am not going to spend stubs though to get enough players to do the missions in a reasonable time.

On the plus side I ignored the new missions and this afternoon, played more MTO, got to the playoffs, amassing something like 123 wins. That earned me another 14k XP (I play on Veteran) and got me the 9th of 12 FOTF packs (I chose Josh Bell)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »