Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2022, 02:19 PM   #361
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

I’ve been trying to stay focused on targeting certain players this year, and really wanted to finish the BR program for Andrew Miller. I could use another lefty, and he was a Yankee.

But I need to cut my losses with BR and spend my online focus on ranked/events I think. I’m 27 points in, and someone like Gehrig who I was hitting decent with (.313 in 11 games) still is about 90 pxp shy. Haven’t even played a game with some of the players. I’ve been hitting horrible too, until very recently, so think I might be better off working the market this last week of BR.

I guess I’m caught up now mostly, at 9 wins in the event and 121 innings for ranked. But I took most of the day off yesterday trying to fix my hitting. Looking at recent numbers I was hitting .114 (22-192) so completely lost at the plate. The PCI anchor that was saving me again guys like Dibble and Chapman had me all over the place. I was using it like guess pitch in a way, and if I guessed right I’d be ok, but otherwise I was lost. And think the variety of pitchers exposed my poor strategy.

So I watched several videos and spent a lot of time practicing. One of the videos I watched described moving PCI like air hockey. Wish I remembered who because that kind of clicked that I was doing things all wrong. I’d say just this year, but really i sucked last year too. Practice felt good, and even in limited games it felt like I was hitting the ball well. I just played a few games but am hitting .355 in 59 at bats on All-Star online. I won’t declare success but I’m at least encouraged so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 03:45 PM   #362
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens_yankees
I’ve been trying to stay focused on targeting certain players this year, and really wanted to finish the BR program for Andrew Miller. I could use another lefty, and he was a Yankee.

But I need to cut my losses with BR and spend my online focus on ranked/events I think. I’m 27 points in, and someone like Gehrig who I was hitting decent with (.313 in 11 games) still is about 90 pxp shy. Haven’t even played a game with some of the players. I’ve been hitting horrible too, until very recently, so think I might be better off working the market this last week of BR.

I guess I’m caught up now mostly, at 9 wins in the event and 121 innings for ranked. But I took most of the day off yesterday trying to fix my hitting. Looking at recent numbers I was hitting .114 (22-192) so completely lost at the plate. The PCI anchor that was saving me again guys like Dibble and Chapman had me all over the place. I was using it like guess pitch in a way, and if I guessed right I’d be ok, but otherwise I was lost. And think the variety of pitchers exposed my poor strategy.

So I watched several videos and spent a lot of time practicing. One of the videos I watched described moving PCI like air hockey. Wish I remembered who because that kind of clicked that I was doing things all wrong. I’d say just this year, but really i sucked last year too. Practice felt good, and even in limited games it felt like I was hitting the ball well. I just played a few games but am hitting .355 in 59 at bats on All-Star online. I won’t declare success but I’m at least encouraged so far.
Feeling the same about BR. I played HORRIBLE players ... one beat me getting no hit thanks to extra inning rules, another with a ground ball to third that hit the bag and let the winning run in after they whiffed on balls in the dirt all game. I'm 18 points in feeling the exact same way - low quality games, half decent awards, and trying to get a 60-something Boagarts to hit a baseball - not a recipe for fun. I also hate leaving in a no stamina pitcher just to get XP. Hoffman is the WORST.

Last edited by CWood2; 04-11-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #363
Rookie

Finally picked up the last of the Okazaki cards today. I'm surprised they've all stayed relatively cheap. Probably just going to pick away at the FOTF cards for the rest of the program.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:58 PM   #364
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Just got Vlad Jr from the BR 95 point 10 pack. He seems to be the only super expensive card for the AL East. I might hold on to him and go after Mussina.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:01 PM   #365
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Feeling the same about BR. I played HORRIBLE players ... one beat me getting no hit thanks to extra inning rules, another with a ground ball to third that hit the bag and let the winning run in after they whiffed on balls in the dirt all game. I'm 18 points in feeling the exact same way - low quality games, half decent awards, and trying to get a 60-something Boagarts to hit a baseball - not a recipe for fun. I also hate leaving in a no stamina pitcher just to get XP. Hoffman is the WORST.
Yeah, at the end of the year BR was my favorite, but to me it’s not worth playing currently. I feel like I get blooped to death too, and that drives me nuts when they can barely hit a pitch out of the infield but hits consistently fall. I had one game where I hit three balls he’s back up the middle and it hit the pitchers foot and went directly to a fielder for an easy out.

I did finish Hoffman, sacrificing an entry for a 3 inning massacre. At the very least I hope they keep tweaking the PXP values. We know the cards are just there for collections, just don’t make me get 500 PXP faith a terrible card
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2022, 05:00 PM   #366
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Why are you brute forcing the PxP when you can get the players for every run if you want? There's no rush to complete them minus doing it before the end of Season 1.

I don't see why you can't just use them normally, especially the pitchers where the PxP happens much more quickly than hitters where you at least need some "good" results to expedite it -- albeit ABs still will get you there before too long.

Like I think I did Hoffman over two or three outings on the mound, for example. I did Feller in two outings etc.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:11 PM   #367
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Why are you brute forcing the PxP when you can get the players for every run if you want? There's no rush to complete them minus doing it before the end of Season 1.

I don't see why you can't just use them normally, especially the pitchers where the PxP happens much more quickly than hitters where you at least need some "good" results to expedite it -- albeit ABs still will get you there before too long.

Like I think I did Hoffman over two or three outings on the mound, for example. I did Feller in two outings etc.
For me all of the pitchers happened naturally, except Hoffman. I had everyone else done but Wood, and if I do another BR run I’ll grab him and start him and be done.

But I can’t pitch with Hoffman. He blew three games already and knew I needed three more innings so after falling behind in the first I hung him out to dry to never pitch with him again, and honestly starting to feel the pinch with end of season 1.

Edit - I really was hitting perhaps the worst I ever have been so I think that didn’t help at all. I gave it another shot after two solid ranked games and scored six runs.

Gave Xander a shot at shortstop (they won’t give me Jeter, but I can put #2 in a Yankee uniform), and he had a good game. 90/250 PXP after one game, so maybe there is hope.

Last edited by ravens_yankees; 04-11-2022 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:55 PM   #368
MVP

papadell's Arena

In my first 6 BR games I was smoking balls with that bronze Bogaerts.

My approach with BR is playing specifically for the program and using cards I don't have. Any 12-0 would be incidental. Once the program is done I can see myself continuing to grind it as that seems like the best course to get stubs. The fact that you get a pack just for entry, there's really no shame in restarting runs to finish the program if that is really all you wanna do.

If you're trying to go 12-0 and forcing the cards into high leverage situations that will probably leave you feeling bad for sure. Changing focus or mindset from winning every game or even getting 9 wins is how I'm approaching it initially. Focusing on the player missions first and then actually attacking in terms of playing my best each game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »