Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2022, 08:52 AM   #1201
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I have to ask, do sinkers play differently online? As they always seem to be the meta for the game, but I've never had any problem hitting them offline at all, nor has the computer ever struggled against mine? I know in the past people threw them high and they were apparently OP, but they allegedly fixed that this year, but I still see people wanting sinkers with everyone.

Is it just the way I hit? As I crush sinkers, always have, I love seeing sinker ballers coming up against me (although I do hit low balls a lot better than high)
Online it's like sinkers have a little bump then just dart at you
.. Sinkers seem way faster than fastballs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2022, 10:04 AM   #1202
MVP

Feel behind on everything in this event. First time it's felt like this since refresh rate update...

Even warmed up on legend plus 4 sliders instead of hof and still late
Old 05-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #1203
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
Pitch speeds are faster online than offline and latency plays a big part too. Plus I don't know how often the CPU throws them up in the zone. But sinkers look like breaking balls out of the hand. They kinda pop up out of the hand so you read offspeed and then it's on you immediately.
So I take it the "fixing" of high sinkers they apparently did was not as revolutionary as they claimed?
Old 05-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #1204
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
So I take it the "fixing" of high sinkers they apparently did was not as revolutionary as they claimed?
It was a slight improvement but nothing that actually changed gameplay. Even the Dynamic PAR was over advertised as I don't feel it actually changes how people pitch. If anything it made sinkers harder to hit in a weird way.

Last year, pinpoint was so consistent that you could dot the same pixel repeatedly. So on the hitting side you could pretty much know to aim for a very specific spot and do damage. Now, the circle is bigger which means it doesn't necessarily hit the same pixel. But it still gets the bump and ride and acts the way they always have. So I know for me it's just muscle memory to run my PCI to the same spot only to be slightly off the ball now.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:28 PM   #1205
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Now rocking the slightly dirty feeling Lofton/Pierre/Rollins front 3 to start the mini seasons, to knock out the 20 SB's as quickly as humanly possible. Bunt cheese galore, but the computer has no response to it so it get the mission done in 3 games. Almost feel a bit bad about it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #1206
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Now rocking the slightly dirty feeling Lofton/Pierre/Rollins front 3 to start the mini seasons, to knock out the 20 SB's as quickly as humanly possible. Bunt cheese galore, but the computer has no response to it so it get the mission done in 3 games. Almost feel a bit bad about it...
Why?

You have a minimum of 28 games....20 steals is easy without doing that....

(I'm not trying to be adversarial either.....I literally don't get it...why would you turn a stat mission into a grind when you can achieve the result without even trying)
Old 05-23-2022, 01:44 PM   #1207
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Why?

You have a minimum of 28 games....20 steals is easy without doing that....

(I'm not trying to be adversarial either.....I literally don't get it...why would you turn a stat mission into a grind when you can achieve the result without even trying)
I just like to get them all over with as soon as possible so I can put my proper team out for as many games as possible. With steals it's unnecessary, but with the ones like "strikeouts with Rookie/Breakout/Vets etc" it handcuffs you a bit.

Also, it just adds something to do. I have beaten mini-seasons over 10 times already, there is not much to do, or aim for, at this point, so you see how quickly you can do things just to try and keep some interest. Offline stuff is seriously thin on the ground. (11 steals in one game against the Cairo Cats is now a personal best)

Last edited by BigOscar; 05-23-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:01 PM   #1208
Rookie

Bought LS Mike Trout today. Feeling poor with only about 17K stubs. Next goal is saving up for Ohtani then banging out the AL collection.

I pulled both Tatis and DeGrom in the last few weeks so Acuna is only real obstacle for the NL at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »