Old 01-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: XFL 2.0?

XFL is here! Blue and orange logo.

Notes from it:
-Emphasizing listening to players, coaches, FANS
-Reimagining game of football
-Eliminate halftime (not confirmed, but big idea he threw out)
-Fewer commercials (same as above)
-Shorter, faster paced game
-Wants game time to be around 2hrs
-8 teams
-Has no idea about potential markets, basically just depends on how their research goes
-Would prefer going to NFL stadium, but could also go to baseball stadium
-10 game season
-Wants to show games across all platforms (TV and mobile). Haven't spoken with any networks, but knows there is interest.
-This won't impact WWE (money invested here is all his, says WWE money can't afford it)
-No crossover with WWE at all(really seems like a McMahon product NOT WWE related in any way)
-McMahon won't be on tv, wants to hire people to be at forefront
-Sounds like similar running months as last time
-Teams league owned
-League won't have anything to do with politics or social issues(no idea about if the president will care about it), but despite that, sounds like things will be enforced
-Been thinking about bringing xfl back before ESPN documentary
-No players with criminal history
Old 01-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #50
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm sure social commentators/critics are gonna have a field day with the Kaep/national anthem/"character" talk, but overall that was a good presser. 2 years out and I like their goal of a simpler, streamlined football product.
At least Vince is making it clear what he wants from that point of view rather than being nebulous and awkward like the NFL's been. I agree with you on the presser. It was very well done and Vince handled it very well. I also like the fact that he's going to step back and not be involved in it publicly. This is the exact polar opposite of how he launched and operated the first XFL.

BTW what the heck was going on with his voice? I'd ask if Vince smokes but I know he detests that greatly. I guess all those years of screaming and growling has completely screwed up his vocal chords.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #51

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
BTW what the heck was going on with his voice? I'd ask if Vince smokes but I know he detests that greatly. I guess all those years of screaming and growling has completely screwed up his vocal chords.
He hasn't recovered from the stunner on Monday lol. But really, wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't like media conferences, that's why he's not same as you'd see in WWE. He really seems like the guy who wants to be out of spotlight, almost opposite at times of what you see on WWE TV.

In terms of Kaepernick, don't see him in xfl after those comments about how players must abide by all rules, put all social and political issues aside and stand for anthem. Basically if he were to join the xfl, he'd be doing what NFL wants him to do, so if he's willing to do that, why not just get bigger pay in NFL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #52
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
At least Vince is making it clear what he wants from that point of view rather than being nebulous and awkward like the NFL's been.
The downside to his statement from a PR standpoint would be that the anthem and 'character' stuff is going to get the headlines, which is probably not what they want coming right out of the relaunch announcement. You want the focus to be on the listening to the fans stuff, quicker games, etc, etc.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:57 PM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
The downside to his statement from a PR standpoint would be that the anthem and 'character' stuff is going to get the headlines, which is probably not what they want coming right out of the relaunch announcement. You want the focus to be on the listening to the fans stuff, quicker games, etc, etc.
Yeah, it's a real damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. He didn't smash people over the head with that point. It was something he brought up when asked about it and he made it clear that he just wants it to be a no frills sports presentation without any outside stuff.

I could definitely see it being warped and taken completely out of context.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #54
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Awesome. I have two years to train and get back into football shape.

Mostly kidding.

I'm excited. The original XFL theme has been in my head today. I'd like for Austin or San Antonio to get a team, so I'd be able to make the short drive to check them out. Can't wait to see what kind of talent fills these rosters.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:49 PM   #55
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Awesome. I have two years to train and get back into football shape.

Mostly kidding.

I'm excited. The original XFL theme has been in my head today. I'd like for Austin or San Antonio to get a team, so I'd be able to make the short drive to check them out. Can't wait to see what kind of talent fills these rosters.
Definitely gives new hope to college kids who may be just outside the talent level capable of making a NFL team. Only other options now are quitting football or playing in the CFL or Arena League.

And while they're starting with 8 teams, if the XFL is successful this time around, no reason they couldn't expand and add more teams in the future, especially if they're all staying league owned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #56
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Can’t see any big profile names getting in this for less than six figures.

They got 2 years to figure all this out but I am intrigued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »