Home

No Official College Licensing in Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019

This is a discussion on No Official College Licensing in Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No Official College Licensing in Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019

NCAA won't do anything until that NCAA group submits it's report in October about using players image and likeness, so this was expected.

On the other hand, if the NCAA is going to limit the game that much, I would rather play in the fictional universe and have more freedom to do what I want.

Heck, if they were able to include the ability to carry your dynasty over from one year to the next (like MLB The Show allows you to do), I'm sure a lot of people would try to create a handful of teams one time, then just carry their dynasty over, year to year.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #10
Rookie

Ok, well then....

So please please clear this up for me on file sharing. Since DFMF won't have servers for online file sharing, could users customize the teams after real NCAA teams, then export the file and post on a forum, then have other users download those files and import them into their own DFMF game?

I ask this because I'm trying to make a decision on just investing in a PS3, finding a copy of EA NCAA Football 14, and just starting from there to feed my hunger for a college football experience on a console.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #11
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy
Ok, well then....

So please please clear this up for me on file sharing. Since DFMF won't have servers for online file sharing, could users customize the teams after real NCAA teams, then export the file and post on a forum, then have other users download those files and import them into their own DFMF game?

I ask this because I'm trying to make a decision on just investing in a PS3, finding a copy of EA NCAA Football 14, and just starting from there to feed my hunger for a college football experience on a console.
You can create the teams after real teams or keep all the players generic. It's your choice. The logos will stay generic, but you have over 260 to choose from. You can also change the team names, city etc......

As far as file sharing goes, if you're on the PS4 you can save files on a USB. As of right now that would be the work around for file sharing. The game itself won't have a file sharing ability.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 07-03-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
You can create the teams after real teams or keep all the players generic. It's your choice. The logos will stay generic, but you have over 260 to choose from. You can also change the team names, city etc......

As far as file sharing goes, if you're on the PS4 you can save files on a USB. As of right now that would be the work around for file sharing. The game itself won't have a file sharing ability.
In these 2 videos, the gamer obviously recreated college team logos (good try at least):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG2UXHkGadg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz43WVaaPBU

There are a lot of talented people on OS who have shown their incredible skills at customization projects. If they recreated the logos and uniforms within their DFMF, could that file be exported and shared via this forum with others... then (for instance), the next user adds some more customization, saves, exports, and passes it on... you get what I mean?

Is that a solution to have crowd sourcing to achieve customization to build an NCAA Football experience?

Last edited by dynastymgrguy; 07-03-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

He already told you that on PS4 there will be file sharing as it is a console feature. The game won't officially have a file share feature, but it will be possible on PS4.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #14
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastymgrguy
In these 2 videos, the gamer obviously recreated college team logos (good try at least):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG2UXHkGadg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz43WVaaPBU

There are a lot of talented people on OS who have shown their talents at customization projects. If they recreated the logos and uniforms within their DFMF, could that file be exported and shared via this forum with others... then (for instance), the next user adds some more customization, saves, exports, and passes it on... you get what I mean?

Is that a solution to have crowd sharing to achieve customization to build an NCAA Football experience?
The PS4 allows game saves to be transferred, so you maybe able to do what you're asking, but only on the PS4.

EDIT: Canes answered above.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #15
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Just to clarify.

If they got the NCAA licensing, they wanted them to remove all customization.

Because it’s unlicensed, they can offer customization.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
He already told you that on PS4 there will be file sharing as it is a console feature. The game won't officially have a file share feature, but it will be possible on PS4.
I asked more than that.... everyone knows you can "save" Ps4 files.

I asked if it is a reasonable scenario to crowd source a project of customization. Say you did some work on your DFMF then exported, uploaded here, next user downloads, imports, makes additional customization, exports, rinse and repeat...

I am just asking what his or anyone's thoughts are on that. It's a $200 question for me... believe that there could be enough customization to create an NCAA college football atmosphere, or just drop money on a PS3 and EA NCAA Football to get my fix.

Last edited by dynastymgrguy; 07-03-2019 at 04:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »