Home

Highheat's O's Season!!!! MLB2k7 (360)

This is a discussion on Highheat's O's Season!!!! MLB2k7 (360) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Highheat's O's Season!!!! MLB2k7 (360)

Finally able to restart my season with the sliders below. Will post box scores and division Standings only. Will update stats at the 40-82-122-162 game mark.

My House Rules for Batting: (Swing Stick)

Rule 1 - Can only use power swing when you correctly guess the batter's eye. That's the only time I allow myself to press up on the swing stick. The rest of the time it must be pull and release tactic.

Rule 2 - Must wait until the AI throws one strike in the count to swing, unless it's a meat pitch as stated above. I've had 2 so far that the CPU didn't throw down the gut on 3-0, it is rare though, then I do not swing. This works the pitcher's pitch total.

*****My House Rules for Pitching: (Zone 2)*****

Rule 1 - I now use a deck of cards to determine my every pitch. Sounds crazy, but adds various situations to the game. Ex: I have 4 pitches available in a clockwise position, (fastball, slider, change up, and curve) an ace, 5, 9, or King would culminate in a fastball, a 2, 6, 10, or Joker would culminate in the slider and so on. I know it's cheesy, but I do this now to keep me from throwing the same pitch all the time in certain situations. I also flip another card for location purposes. See chart below.

JQK (Jack, Queen, King) (only two of each in deck)
1-2 (1,6 -- 2,7)
345 (3,8 4,9 5,10)

Rule 2 - I do not throw any pitches that start down the middle and the little circle must begin completely within the catcher's glove.

Rule 3 - only one pickoff attempt per at bat, I've actually gotten a couple with dive back at 100.

Rule 4 - Starters can go as long as they want unless either of the following occurs:

Rule 4b - 5 earned runs (not total runs) and I trail by 2 or more runs at the time my pitcher gives up the 5th earned run. If not losing by 2 or more runs, can continue until that point is reached or the following below:

Rule 4c - given up a total of 10 hits in the 5th inning or less, 9 hits with 2 guys on base in the 6th inning and and beyond. Other words, if you give up 9 hits into the 5th, you can remain in the game until you give up the 10th hit that inning or beyond, or if you are in the 6th and have given up 9 hits and 2 guys reach in any way. This will help with getting the bullpen into the game at full strength and not give up that BS inning every game with your starter getting fatigued in later innings.

Rule 4d - winning by one run, tied or losing after 7th inning

Rule 4e - winning after 8 innings and lead by 2 or 3 runs, if winning by more than 3, starter can go on until that point is reached or the game is complete.

Rule 4f - 25% stamina (pull at conclusion of at bat and must be winning by only one run, tied or losing at that time)

Rule 4g - after one of the above, I must take him out at the end of that at bat and bring in a reliever.

Rule 5 - Relievers can go a maximum of 4 innings for long relievers, 3 innings for middle, and 2 innings setups and closers, or one of the following:

Rule 5b - 3 earned runs or 5 hits for long relief pitchers, and 2 earned runs or 5 hits for middle, setups and closers.

Rule 5c - 25% stamina

Rule 5d - after one of the above, the player must be removed at that moment and I must bring in a new pitcher. Make sure you have another pitcher warming up.

Rule 5e - setup man/closer
automatically enters in 8th if winning by only 1 run, and setup man/closer automatically enters in 9th if winning by 3 runs or less (use who you want according to your preference because of pitching back to back games and low stamina.

My House Rules For Base Running:

Rule 1 - only one extra step lead for baserunners. Click L2 button one time after AI sets the baserunner for you. If the AI pitcher throws to the base you lead from, you lose that extra step for the remainder at bat. Use it wisely.

Rule 2 - Can steal as much as you want, until you get caught stealing, then you can not steal for the remainder of the game unless the game goes extra innings. Then rule resets beginning with 10th inning.

Scenario 1 for hitting

Batter Contact: 0
Batter Power: 0
Batter Influence: 100

Power Swing: 10

Step Influence: 50

Scenario 2 for hitting

Batter Contact: 25
Batter Power: 5
Batter Influence: 25
Power Swing: 0
Step Influence: 5