Home

Los Angeles Kings(NHL 09)

This is a discussion on Los Angeles Kings(NHL 09) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #25
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Los Angeles Kings(NHL 09)

Hey guys, I need your input on what to do. I can only play on weekends, which means that I can only update on weekends. I've been thinking about the fact that I wouldn't make it to the playoffs for a while, maybe not even by the end of May, and here are the statistics I've come up with:

If I play ___ games a weekend then I'll be at ___ by June 1(granted this does not include days I can't get 2 in or breaks where I have extra time to play):

2--28 games

3--42 games

4--56 games

Now, another option is simming 2 games for every game I play, if I do this under the same circumstances:

2--84 games

3--126 games

4--168 games

An extreme option would be simming 4 games for every game I play, leading to this:

2--140 games

3--210 games

4--280 games

Of course, I could rarely finish 4 full games in a weekend, so 2 or 3 would be realistic for the most part. It's really all dependent on two things: 1) Whether you guys care about game-by-game updates with pictures and details, or more about multiple seasons and the big picture, and 2) Whether or not I go to Florida for the first week of spring break. If I don't, the 14th through 22nd would be filled with updates, allowing me to reach a possible, albeit improbable, 36 games. 20-30 sounds more realistic.

So guys, how's it gonna be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 44

i like the 2 and 4 option because you get farther in the dynasty and get past the playoffs and in to the offseason which i find exciting sooo to the point...

WHO WANTS TO SEE ROMPIN THE RIVALS ROBERTO LUONGO STYLE?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #27
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
i like the 2 and 4 option because you get farther in the dynasty and get past the playoffs and in to the offseason which i find exciting sooo to the point...

WHO WANTS TO SEE ROMPIN THE RIVALS ROBERTO LUONGO STYLE?
I'd just like to see the "I'm gonna make a dynasty that doesn't suck with horrible grammar and unappealing text-only game updates and I'm not going to import half of another team in a single trade and I'm going to play with it for more than a week and then complain about the amount of work I have even though it's not that much."

Then I'll be interested.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I'd just like to see the "I'm gonna make a dynasty that doesn't suck with horrible grammar and unappealing text-only game updates and I'm not going to import half of another team in a single trade and I'm going to play with it for more than a week and then complain about the amount of work I have even though it's not that much."

Then I'll be interested.
A. love the nucks so few trades B there not text only theyve got pictures so what more do you want aside from grammar? C i do have a lot of work HATE GOD DAMN PRIVATE SCHOOL! so what do you think? i might make a big move at d day depending on the standings so it will be.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #29
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
A. love the nucks so few trades B there not text only theyve got pictures so what more do you want aside from grammar? C i do have a lot of work HATE GOD DAMN PRIVATE SCHOOL! so what do you think? i might make a big move at d day depending on the standings so it will be.
He's right though, and private school has absouletly no effect on this, my Blazers dynasty is still running and i'm in freakin high school.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #30
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Also, I'm in private school too, so he's got nothing on me. GoldenJet, any input on the simming idea?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #31
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

Los Angeles, CA-Today I had a chance to sit down with new LA Kings General Manager Andrew Dellapina to talk about the state of his new team.

LAT: Well, Coach, there's been a lot of buzz about you being relatively unknown, and even more after the huge pre-season moves you made.

AD: Well, I wanted to make an impact quickly, and I wanted to give this team a chance to win NOW, while still keeping a young team that will be dominant for years to come.

LAT: Although the moves were daring, adding stars such as Kovalchuk, Lundqvist and Gionta, a lot of fans are worried that 1) You didn't focus enough on the defense and 2) Some players might not mesh, especially that first line.

AD: Yeah, I can see where some people are worried. I'll admit that I was very offense-oriented during my trading period, but I want to see how this young, offensively-based defense works. I'm hoping for an all out-attack, but in a few of the games a lack of a bruiser has hurt us. In terms of not meshing, we'll have to see, but Kopitar and Gionta definitely have something going, and Kovalchuk has been involved with both of them on the scoreboard. Overall, that line has been extremely productive.

LAT: Also, some people think that the team is too young, shown by Anze Kopitar being the captain and two 21 year olds patrolling the blue line as the first D-Pair. What do you think about that?

AD: Well, I put a lot of pressure on Anze, but he's been playing very well. He has three goals in four games, and all three have been assisted by Johnson. We really built the team around those two, as they are the core, top-end players that stayed. I feel that we've promoted an all-out atmosphere that goes well with young, energized players and this bunch is sure to put up loads of goals if we play it right. Of course, we have a few older players, most notably Michal Handzus. He already has a goal, and should put up big numbers alongside Jason and Alex.

LAT: Alright Coach, here it is: How far do you think you'll go this season?

AD: Well obviously, it's too early to tell, but our goal is definitely the playoffs, and I think we can do it. Between our talented offense and our amazing goaltender, I think we could go far.

LAT: Thanks Coach, and everyone tune in to the next game when they hit the road to play the Colorado Avalanche.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
Also, I'm in private school too, so he's got nothing on me. GoldenJet, any input on the simming idea?
ok right this is an IB private school its loaded even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »