Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2023, 04:02 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Whew, I'm excited. Let's get that out of the way first.

Looking for an overhaul to recruiting to make it more difficult. A numbers system is too easy to manipulate if over time you can upgrade how much you can use.

Atmosphere is important. Madden is bland, NCAA 14 to this day is better in overall Atmosphere. Chants, tradition, and sound bites/music need to be taken serious.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
I agree. I really didn't like how streamlined recruiting got in NCAA 14. Not only was it easy to manipulate it, there was blatant ways to cheat the system. All someone would have to do is just save before the week was done and keep reloading the mode until the guy accepts your offer. In a way, they could do what they did prior to NCAA 14 with the phone calls, but also modernized it. Without getting too unrealistic. Have unofficial visits to go along with official visits, decommits and Flips. I would like to see a recruiting page that goes over the recruiting storylines. I would like to see recruits posting their top 6-10 schools, future classes where guys could progress or regress star levels, JUCOs rankings. Probably don't need to be able to sign future recruits, but it would be nice to at least see player rankings. Also would be nice to see HS statistics. Also would be nice to see player ranking being affected by player's size. It would be realistic to see a 6'4 250 DE get a high ranking than a 6'2 225 DE. I want to see guys gain and lose weight. It would be more realistic to see more 160-180lb WR/DB/RB or 200-220lb LB who gain weight over seasons.

My biggest recruiting wish is just to be able to edit recruits. In a perfect world, I want to be able to download recruiting classes. I feel that the community would make more unique and diverse players. It feels like in most sports games draft classes have very little variety. But with the uncertainty that we will even have roster share, to be able to edit recruits would be the next best thing. Even if they lock it to before the offseason recruiting process begins, it would be nice to edit the recruits. I would like to go through and make more diverse and unique player's. I would like to be able to edit player rankings.

Atmosphere is very important. NCAA always did a better job with atmosphere than Madden IMO. Even NCAA Basketball had great atmosphere. I still think NCAA Basketball 10 had one of the best atmosphere/presentation in sports gaming. But, I feel atmosphere is more important for a college sports game compared to pro sports. I do think based on the Matt Brown information, it does seem like EA Sports is taking that seriously. My thing is that they don't streamline it. It felt like NCAA 14 streamlined everything. Even atmosphere/presentation felt streamlined.

I just hope that they go all out with EA CFB. A streamlined approach can work with games like Madden, NBA2k, and other professional sports games. Even though College Football is popular, it's still a niche enough sport where streamlining it won't work. Outside of the first couple years, CFB isn't expected to be a major seller. It isn't a flagship title. It's one thing with a NFL or NBA game, you can get away from streamlining it because it's going to sell well regardless. Those games have huge hardcore crowds, so in order to attract more casual gamers, you have to streamline it in order to make it less complex. You dont have to sell to a hardcore gamer when its a very popular genre. But when you have a niche title, you have to sell to the intended hardcore. You're not going to persuade a hardcore niche gamer when you over-simplify a niche title. They have to go all out with trying to replicate the ins and outs of College Football
Old 12-29-2023, 01:57 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally, with us having gone so long without the game I hope they take the route of going every other year with the release. I know its unlikely but now is the time to implement it because NCAA is one of the games I feel like every two years works perfectly. Gives plenty of time for them to implement a lot of these great ideas.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:54 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

With the 12 team playoff next year, I hope we get to alter who makes the playoffs. I think next year, the 6 highest ranked conference champions make the playoffs then the next 6 highest ranked teams make it. I think it would be cool if I wanna make it that every conference champion makes the playoffs then the final two or three spots are "at large bids". That way, the playoffs essentially start conference championship week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2023, 07:24 PM   #52
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
I am looking for the small details. I want to see home fans leaving the stadium when their team is losing 38-3 in the 4th. I want to hear fans chant overrated.
I want to hear fans chant ''We want Bama''.
#44Syracuse
Old 01-01-2024, 09:49 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I hope the Transfer Portal plays a major emphasis. I would say I hope that there is balance and logic, but based on real life, there isn't lol. I would want it like it is IRL. Where you lose some guys to the Portal when you first start and have access to Portal before the season starts.
Also hope Spring game and offseason workouts are there

I would set up the offseason like :
1)Transfers Out/Set Up Recruiting Board Preferences
2)Transfer Portal Window opens/Recruiting for 5 weeks
3)Offseason workouts/Spring game
4)Transfer Portal reopens(Optional)
5) Summer Workouts(optional)

It would be nice to start out at a 1 star school and be able to have access to the Transfer Portal before the first season starts like in real life. Where you offer guaranteed starting time for 3 star players in the Portal. I would have the Transfer Portal as an extension of recruiting. Without thinking about NIL, just be able to use the same recruiting pitches as you would with recruits. Either have a separate alloted Transfer Portal hours available or have the Transfer Portal hours be attached to the recruiting hours and have it where you have to pick and choose which is your priority. Also going off that, have Transfer Portal skill as a part of Coach skills. Where you can choose between being a X & O HC, Recruiting/Transfer Portal Wiz, or CEO coach
Old 01-01-2024, 10:29 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Wanted this on a different post, but still its tied to my post above:

Something that I can think that can help a lot of aspects of dynasty is if schemes preference can be tied to recruits/players. I think that can really help things go smoothly. It can be similar to how Madden does it. Where a QB can be assigned an Air Raid Scheme or Triple Option scheme or a RB preferring a No Huddle Spread vs a Pro-Style scheme. That along with having a more detailed Recruiting Board Preference for coaches can really balance out a lot of aspects of dynasty. Each coach should be assigned position Preference or at the very least have Schemes have position skill Preferences. That way we'll see schools target players that fit their scheme and players lean towards schools that have preferred preferred scheme. For recruits, it can be apart of ther Recruiting pitches. Some recruits can have it as a must and others it might not be as important. When the HC/or scheme changes, that should change the way they recruit and target the Portal. Also affect guys entering the portal if the scheme changes. If a school goes from a Air Raid to a Run Heavy Spread Option, I would want to see players enter the portal and it changes the way CpU team recruits

I think that would really help. It could also help those who don't want to deal with recruiting. Just set up the recruiting board position Preferences and have CPU target players that fit your preferences. Just have it where it is also affected by your coaches skill grades. So if you have an A recruiting grade, CPU will do an excellent job of getting quality players that fit your scheme. But if you have a C or worse recruiting/Transfer grade, you're at the mercy of CPU Recruiting Recruiting for you
Old 01-01-2024, 01:19 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

As an offline dynasty player, One of the most important, small things to me is the ability to play any game on the schedule, regardless of if I'm the team playing in either. Please do not port over whatever's going on with Madden.

Give me the weekly calendar and every game is open. Just like old times. Actually if we're taking anything from current Madden in the way of the weekly setup, give me the option to force wins offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2024, 10:46 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
As an offline dynasty player, One of the most important, small things to me is the ability to play any game on the schedule, regardless of if I'm the team playing in either. Please do not port over whatever's going on with Madden.

Give me the weekly calendar and every game is open. Just like old times. Actually if we're taking anything from current Madden in the way of the weekly setup, give me the option to force wins offline.
I am so much a fan of this and was gonna mention it. This is great for storylines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »