Home

EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

This is a discussion on EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-16-2024, 09:04 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: EA College Football Wishlist / Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Wishlist: I just pray they get audio, atmosphere, lighting and presentation to set a new bar. I honestly don’t even think it’s too big an ask, given where they were a decade ago, and if they can do that, I’ll be able to withstand a lot of warts.

More important, though, is that it would be really nice if the AI launched with some decent logic when it comes to things like roster management and overall program direction and strategy. MLBTS still has issues with bullpen & lineup logic—is this game gonna launch with good AI cfb program management? Doubt.

Predictions: I think it will debut as the superior game to Madden. Whether it truly nails everything it needs to to the die-hard fans, that’s doubtful. It’ll take another 3-5 years of wishlist threads to get us where we want to be on that front, like any other game.

I think we’re looking at an 8.1/10 type offering.
I do hope they nail it with those aspects. I do wonder how they will approach presentation. I know that there have been speculation about it being ESPN and that Herbstreit likely returns as the broadcaster, and even that possibility of GameDay being in. I just find the whole EA-ESPN situation weird because the EA-ESPN license officially ended like 3 years ago. But, I fully expected them to just extend it, but there was nothing official. So, I'm surprised that there's speculation about ESPN.

I'm one who always thought sports game never "needed" official broadcast presentation. If done with effort, you could have good presentation with publisher branded presentation. But, I never liked how Madden's bland EA broadcast. I wouldn't mind seeing ESPN broadcast back in. I always enjoyed the NCAA ESPN broadcast. I think NBA Live's ESPN broadcast was solid. But, I always thought the EA College Basketball 10, was the best Broadcast with the ESPN and CBS broadcast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2024, 09:15 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really hope the NIL and transfer portal features are on some type of a slider. It would be nice if I could lower those functions or even take them out completely.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:15 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 2

i don’t know if someone asked this but i wonder if they’ll do roster updates like madden since they’re allowed to use actual rosters?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2024, 09:16 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
i don’t know if someone asked this but i wonder if they’ll do roster updates like madden since they’re allowed to use actual rosters?

I want to say no. It would be a massive undertaking to do multiple roster updates. I could see them bumping up the risers.

I just see them adding more Ultimate Team players. I can see that as a focus. I see them adding in college Legends to UT throughout the year
Old 02-18-2024, 09:32 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I could see roster updates for player movement but not ratings adjustments.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2024, 09:40 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I could see roster updates for player movement but not ratings adjustments.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Even then, the rosters are essentially set after the spring transfer portal. By time the summer practices starts, we see very little movement. Most of the players that still are in the Portal by the summer, either end up dropping down to FCS or stay in the Portal.

Honestly, I don't really want them to focus on roster updates in the season. It's different than the NFL. Unless there's a major riser, I rather them focus on updates on the games. Plus, I'm not sure how in depth they will be with ratings. It's over 11,000 players and even if there's a large chunk of players who don't agree, it's still too many to try to be accurate with ratings. Outside of the top guys, I can just see them using a template for ratings and just focus on NIL and player bio.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:52 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Even then, the rosters are essentially set after the spring transfer portal. By time the summer practices starts, we see very little movement. Most of the players that still are in the Portal by the summer, either end up dropping down to FCS or stay in the Portal.

Honestly, I don't really want them to focus on roster updates in the season. It's different than the NFL. Unless there's a major riser, I rather them focus on updates on the games. Plus, I'm not sure how in depth they will be with ratings. It's over 11,000 players and even if there's a large chunk of players who don't agree, it's still too many to try to be accurate with ratings. Outside of the top guys, I can just see them using a template for ratings and just focus on NIL and player bio.

same way i feel.

Old 02-26-2024, 12:34 PM   #88
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I haven't skimmed through this entire thread so I apologize if this has already been mentioned but I really hope they have pre game player spotlights. I love these little snippets before the game, to me, it adds an incredible amount of immersion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCAA.jpg (121.4 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by Shaffer26; 02-26-2024 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »