Home

New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc.

This is a discussion on New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2024, 05:51 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
for being a pre-alpha photo, it looks really good.
Definitely when you consider that Pre-Alpha is one of the earliest stages of development. So, we're talking about something that is probably 2 years old at least at this point. Even when they announced in Nov 2022 that the game will be delayed, they showed a picture of Brotus with the Ohio Stadium in the background. So, we can only imagine how much more detailed this will look at launch. I imagine that stadiums were one of the first major tasks they focused on in development since that would be the one of the most difficult and time consuming processes of development.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:42 AM   #90
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

The "Stripe Out" with the fans look really good, and the buildings beyond the stadium look awesome. Very excited to see what other stadiums look like.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM   #91
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think the stripes are just to visualize the team crowd colors. I'm not expecting their to be actual checkerboard and striped crowds for certain games, but it would be cool. Mizzou never does striping and given the other shots show EA having different character models posing on the field, it's clear those are just shots to test/showcase certain parts of the game, so I think we can assume they just had the crowd setup that way so they can very easily see what each team color looks like in the stands in case anything needs to be adjusted.

It would be cool to see them incorporate different types of crowd color variations and allow us to pick from them like stripes, a checkerboard, whiteout, or any other specific team color, but I don't think we should expect anything similar to that to be in based off the pre-alpha shots.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 06:47 PM   #92
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
If you look at the top row on the right you see some players on the field. In the zoomed in pic I saw on twitter it looks like a pre game/halftime presentation with like fans or old players.
Zoomed in as far as possible on the higher resolution shots. It's the sideline crew, and sideline player models. When zoomed in you can make out two guys holding signs, one is the down sign, and I think the other is a first down yard marker. There is a crouching camera man I believe. And various other sideline crew. The line of red figures are just low resolution sideline players, like Madden still has.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:41 PM   #93
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Import Coaches would be nice to have in so you can import college head coaches & assistant coaches into madden franchise mode coaching pool!

Just like in madden you should be able to export a free agent coach or an assistant coach to become a college assistant coach or head coach

The back & forth with coaches would breath year around life into both games & bring a freshness we never had before..

Hopefully this is something they can incorporate in a year or two to go with draft classes which is returning this year!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 03-28-2024, 01:04 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Import Coaches would be nice to have in so you can import college head coaches & assistant coaches into madden franchise mode coaching pool!

Just like in madden you should be able to export a free agent coach or an assistant coach to become a college assistant coach or head coach

The back & forth with coaches would breath year around life into both games & bring a freshness we never had before..

Hopefully this is something they can incorporate in a year or two to go with draft classes which is returning this year!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
100% doubt that would ever be a feature just because Coach Carousel isn't a big part of NFL like it is with College Football. But, man would that be a cool feature. If they could have a buzz meter or something for coaches, if that coach reaches maximum buzz, you can export him to Madden.

Just imagine, starting from a coordinator in dynasty and becoming a head coach and building a team up to winning a championship. Then importing your coach to Madden and doing the same. I could easily see myself doing 15+ total seasons between EA CFB and Madden
Old 03-28-2024, 03:05 PM   #95
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

I guess I have close to zero care for NIL-NonNIL editability. Back in the PS2/PS1 days, I'd simulate 4 seasons out anyhow before I even played a game.

Have they talked about dynasty length? Hopefully that stays long. Assuming it will be Madden length.

I will be curious about TeamBuilder. My NCAA14, etc are all discs. Now I have the XBox S so no discs. Wondering how many teambuilders 1) you can download and 2) how many you can import into Dynasty. The 12 you could put into dynasty was okay, but would like to have it a lot more.

The NCAA MVP Baseball was the best, you could edit out every single team in that.

Last edited by Limasbravo; 03-28-2024 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2024, 03:26 PM   #96
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

They haven't spoke about how long you can play, but I assume that will be a non issue. How long does Madden go for ?

I'm expecting team builder to be in the game in some way after what Matt Brown hinted at saying that type of stuff is a priority. The pessimistic in me says maybe you will not be able to upload them and download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
I guess I have close to zero care for NIL-NonNIL
editability. Back in the PS2/PS1 days, I'd simulate 4 out anyhow before I even played a game.

Have they talked about dynasty length? Hopefully that stays long. Assuming it will be Madden length.

I will be curious about TeamBuilder. My NCAA14, etc are all discs. Now I have the XBox S so no discs. Wondering how many teambuilders 1) you can download and 2) how many you can import into Dynasty. The 12 you could put into dynasty was okay, but would like to have it a lot more.

The NCAA MVP Baseball was the best, you could edit out every single team in that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »